High Speed Gearing

McyMike

Donating Member
Registered
Which gearing is better for high speed racing, stock or one tooth down on the counter sprocket? I thought I read in the forum that Busas with 16T sprockets tend to get pulled by other bikes at high speed. What's the scoop? Reason I'm asking is that I'm running a 16T and had a tough time with an 01 Vette (modified) from about 145 on
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?. Wasn't able to "slingshoot" him like most car races..only gained on him slowly until about 165 when he let off...........

rock.gif

You are going in the wron direction for top end racing. You have to watch what your HP is but 18 in front with 41 in the rear for 171-190hp 40 in the rear for 200hp and above 19/41 but doggy on the bottom. What are you running for hp.

Mine is basically stock, with exception of Yosh TRS header and fuel programmer. So guessing I'm
about 12hp over stock.

Mike

If you go to a 16 you will take about 9 mph or right off he top. You will be faster out of the trap and slower from rol ons. I would leave your stock gearing for now.

Dragon - I was under the impression that I just would loose top speed with the 16t....not accelleration on the high end. If I only gain on the low end than that thing has to come off.

G Dragon - I was under the iimpression I would only lose top speed and that the bike would pull harder all the way to the new "top". Guess that ain't so?? If that's the case the 16 is gone...can't have no more Nitrous Vettes keeping me from gettinmg around them on the ole highway!!

when u were messing with that vette what gear were u in at 145? u may not have been in the optimum gear to slingshot past him or shifted to early or somethn?
rock.gif
?

Orient express has a 5th and 6th gear combo you may be interested in  ! they also have the larger output shaft

800-645-6521

race.gif

Back