High pitched whine from fuel pump

chrisjp

GM of Haya's in the Hills
Donating Member
Registered
one of the only annoying issues with my 06 le is that one the shift issue between 5-6 and yes i have read the treads but this other one is that the fuel pump makes a high pitched sound when running...of course above idle i dont hear it but when stopped or idleing..its truelly annoying

You'll get used to the whine!
tounge.gif

Get and aftermarket exhaust and you won't hear it at idle...just a nice low rumble!
biggrin.gif

yea the whine is a bit irritating but the 5 to 6th will smooth out with time... just gotta break her in!
tounge.gif

lol DAB the only problem is the cheese it never sits still on the silver tray i have mounted infront of the dash for when i am entertaining lol

I took the bike back by the dealership.. Coleman PowerSports in Woodbridge Virginia. I asked them about the high pitched noise from the fuel pump. First the techs come out, then the service manager, then what looks to be one of the Sr Service Managers... and guess what folks. Just as I predicted, they said the noise is normal. One of the Sr Managers even said that he hears them so loud sometimes that the fuel pump can be heard from across the parking lot. I hardly believe that. I was hoping someone could give me a listen and tell me what they heard, o well. The folks at the dealer even commented that unless it actually fails, they won't do anything, and that it wouldn't do any good anyway as they all sound like that.... Keep in mind that is a 2006... three weeks old with over 900 miles on it.

Crap.

If you think yours is loud you should hear my FMU priming up...[/QUOTE]

That's kinda what they told me too. I guess it's the engineer in me that keeps thinking that if things are in spec, they should all exihbit the same behavior within tolerance of course.

<!--EDIT|LightCycle
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145498811 -->

newbie.gif
I also have a high pitched fuel pump whine.
Not as loud when the tank is full. Has done it since day one.
2006 Hayabusa LE 700 miles

Back