HIGH, LOW, ROUND, OVAL, Ti, CF, Al, SS Etc...

FAKK2

Registered
Well I am thinking on a HMF 4 2 1 2 Full race System, NOW high mount or Low, Round or Oval Cans? And what one over the other, whats the draw backs of high vs Low mounting, as well as Round vs Oval. As well as draw backs on Titaninium, Aluminium, Carbon Fiber, Stainless Steel cans?

I really don't know a great detil about the different exhaust, but I have been doing some research on some different ones. High mount will cause your passengers(if thy wear shorts) to burn their leggs. Not from the exhaust, but from the heat from it. I have also been told that if you live near the ocean Ti is the only way to go, as SS will only last a few years. I have also read that carbon cannot withstand extreme amounts of heat and if you live in an area with a lot of traffic, this could be a problem down the road. As far as round or oval, I think that is just a matter of choice. I know a guy around here that has a shop and has a busa with over 350 Hp. He has his own Dyno and installs all brands of exhaust. He was telling me that he recommends a brand called Arata It is about $1200 for a full Ti system. I asked him how it compared to the rest and he said if he didn't have turbo on his busa he would go with it. I asked how it was compared to Akrapovic and he said Akrapovic has about 2-3 more Hp near redline at max speed, but also cost about $300-$400 more, so not really worth it. He reccommended it over the Yoshi's, D&D, HIndle and the other brands. He said really they are all good and have about the same HP gains, but for the best bang for your buck, Go with Arata. I guess they are made in Japan and only about 2 yrs old in states. Anyway I hope that helps, I'm not 100% sure how accurate this info is, but it is what I have been told during my research from several different shops.

Back