D & D

Blue1

Registered
I am thinking about going with D & D's 4 into 2 carbon steel, two aluminum can system.

It will need ceramic coating, but the prices I've seen for stainless 4 into 1s makes this competitive.

I have put 4 into 1 systems on my last four Japanese fours but think that the 'busa's styling really works with the dual exhaust. I haven't been able to find any two can systems except for one of the high mount systems which don't appeal to me.

If no one can suggest an option to this system, can anyone recommend it? Some 'busa out there must have or had this pipe, let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Blue1

I haven't been able to find any two can systems except for one of the high mount systems which don't appeal to me.
HMF makes a dual low mount system . Same front section as their hi-mount but with different mid-pipes . Round or oval muffler options .

Member smithabusa bought a used set of the D&D's your speaking about for his wife's Busa . Maybe he will see this and post a pic . One of the videos on his website was made on the bike with the dual D&D's .

I had the D&D 4:2 system in Carbon Fiber. They sounded great and like you I think the dual look on the Busa is better looking. I switched to the Muzzy 4:1 system after I did some motor work. I mounted the D&D,s on my buddys 07 Busa and he loves them.
thumb_up.gif

I haven't been able to find any two can systems except for one of the high mount systems which don't appeal to me.
HMF makes a dual low mount system . Same front section as their hi-mount but with different mid-pipes . Round or oval muffler options .

Member smithabusa bought a used set of the D&D's your speaking about for his wife's Busa . Maybe he will see this and post a pic . One of the videos on his website was made on the bike with the dual D&D's .
Someone mentioned to me that the HMF low mount is no longer availabile.

I'll have to check their website...

Alot of people poop on D&D but I had one on my zx6 and my zx9 and I liked both of them and they gave great performance. I looked for the HMF dual and I think they only have the high mount now. If you find a smoking price on the D&D please post it up...I'd also like to see results.

Alot of people poop on D&D but I had one on my zx6 and my zx9 and I liked both of them and they gave great performance. I looked for the HMF dual and I think they only have the high mount now. If you find a smoking price on the D&D please post it up...I'd also like to see results.
The D&D low mount duals in carbon steel (will rust badly, will need ceramic coating which I can get for $279 from Jet-Hot, including shipping to my door from Jet-Hot) are $604 with brushed aluminum cans. $883 plus shipping direct to Jet-Hot, so pricing is about a toss-up with the HMF low mount dual system (model SGX13DLAE, $946, also brushed aluminum cans) I found on the HMF site, assumming the HMF system is stainless steel. I would prefer stainless steel, all thing being equal, a stainless system is a slightly thinner gauge while providing the same strength, thereby being slightly lighter than a carbon steel system. Plus the carbon steel would require a ceramic coating to be comparably durable, increasing weight slightly again.

I sent an email to HMF, but don't expect an answer until Monday, does anyone know if all the HMF systems are stainless steel?

Blue1

Further research discovered that the HMF is a stepped header design in stainless. I found one for $849, shipped.

Now I need to find a tuner in central NJ. Any suggestions?

After installing the header, is the mixture close enough to ride the bike to the tuner? I don't want to damage anything if it's running too lean.

Blue1

I have the D&D bolt ons on my 04 Busa. I love the sound. Definitely a step up from stock. They have been on since May 07 and actually are for sale because I want the shorty ones from PPM Custom. Gonna post pictures and info in the classified section later tonight.

D&D=Def&Dumb. You can get MUCH better exhausts out there for not much more money. You get what you pay for with D&D in my honest opinion. Personally I don't ride with anyone who has a D&D exhaust on a bike with an inline four motor, it's as if they don't even have mufflers on their bike at all.

D&D=Def&Dumb.  You can get MUCH better exhausts out there for not much more money.  You get what you pay for with D&D in my honest opinion.  Personally I don't ride with anyone who has a D&D exhaust on a bike with an inline four motor, it's as if they don't even have mufflers on their bike at all.
moon.gif

D&D=Def&Dumb.  You can get MUCH better exhausts out there for not much more money.  You get what you pay for with D&D in my honest opinion.  Personally I don't ride with anyone who has a D&D exhaust on a bike with an inline four motor, it's as if they don't even have mufflers on their bike at all.
moon.gif

I have the D&D 4-2 system I just had to call D&D to order what I want. They never update the website for the Busa.

I have the D&D 4-2 system I just had to call D&D to order what I want.  They never update the website for the Busa.
That was the same deal with the HMF, not on their site but can be ordered, I got mine through Megan at Pipecity.com and it was shipped direct in about two weeks.

Dual muffler, polished aluminum, low-mount, stepped header design with X-pipe crossover in stainless steel for $869; $20 less for brushed aluminum and carbon fiber was around $1000. No shipping charges.

I have yet to install it, but it looks awesome. The stepped header pipe and x-pipe crossover are proven power producing features. I am going to wrap it all the way back to the mid-pipe for even better scavenging and also to help keep the plastic from melting. I am a huge fan of low-end torque on big-bore bikes, so I am not going to do the airbox mod for now. With just the pipe, the wrap and maybe a filter and dyno tune, I expect this to provide close to a 10% power increase.

I think it is going to be a little louder than I wanted, but I think it will not be as loud as the D&D system.

So far, I am psyched about this purchase, will report more after installation.

Blue1

My friends D&D 4 into 1 makes NO horsepower....on the dyno or off....but the slip-ons actually helped me gain 2-3 and sounded very nice...a real growl...finally went with Brocks 4-2-1, definate power increase
laugh.gif

Those pics don't look like a full system, they look like bolt ons....you've still go the stock mid pipes.
rock.gif

I stayed with the stock mid pipes for the looks, Gutted the baffels out of them. That is not an easy job, but looks better to me.

Back