high beam options

Quiksilver

Registered
I am about to instal an hid kit, projector, and dual halos. I am wanting to upgrade my high beam. I head of a hir1 bulb but have been discontinued. I have seen the new style hir1, phillips extreme power, and our am night breaker on candelpower. I have also came came across an led headlight conversion from Oracle lights that claim to ha e an output of 2200 lumens. Does anyone have any experience with these bulbs/kit or recomendatiins. Thanks

any of the new PIAA bulbs will be better. ull hav to decide what color u want. u don't want an HID for high beam. takes too long to warm up since u turn ur high beam on and off quite a bit on back roads its not optimal. I had a high beam HID and got rid of it and went with a PIAA halogen. kept the low beam HID tho

You can retrofit a bi xenon projector which will allow your high beam bulb to stay on. When you hit the high beam button, a shield inside of the projector will adjust to allow more light output.

The high beam is a different throw not just a brighter light. I went PIAA on high and low. Took the HID off because I got tired of getting turned down for inspections. Turns out the PIAA is equal on the low beam and much better on the high beam. They also low like HIDs in the day.

I am having that exact problem with an HID high beam...takes a LONG time to adequately warm up. Since most hi-beam moments are 'instant on', this is not a good scenario and am considering going back to non HID hi beam. Just need to find somethign in the 5K range so they have the same color...

Exactly which Hi-beam PIAA bulb did you buy? Part number?

I have heard great things about the pics bulbs forgot to mention but that's on the list too. I had a hid on the high beam and did not like the results.

I also thought about dual bi xenons. I haven't looked into the process on a gen 1 and what housing will fit. I was leaning towards an led head light conversion now or a halogen bulb.

I thought about leaving the stock bulb in the high beam since my hid kit will be 55w but I want the brightest high beam I can get other than hid.

Basically wanting instant on so I can flash and have a decent amount of usable light at night. So I'm thinking piaa or maybe an led conversion as there bright and will last ahile.

If you were talking to me Skydiver these are the bulbs.

PIAA Bulbs.jpg

How do the PIAA bulbs compare to the Sylvania Silverstar? I'm running those for a couple years and been pretty happy with the light output.

I got them at cycle gear. I'm sure you can find a better price though. Don't know which is high beam

H7 low beam on my gen 1. I've read quite a few post and some say they prefer the bulbs in original post over sylvania. Not to say sylvania isn't a good product tho

the Sylvania won't be quite as bright as the PIAA's and won't last as long. I put the Sylvania supers I believe in my car cause the ultras don't fit but they only last 6-10 months then need replacing. probably better off just spending a little more money and buy the PIAA so they last longer

Back