HIDs installed

It takes a while for the bulb to warm up, so you won't notice it if you're constantly switching the high beam on and off.

Also, I think you may have mounted the igniters too close to your gauge cluster. If your instruments start playing up, that'll be why.

ya thats a good point ill be paying attention to that but hopefully there will be no issues

HIDs at night big difference definately a great mod except i cant really notice my high beam theres not much difference when its on

I kept my OEM high beam for two reasons....1) after reading way too much information from HID users, I figured the output would be plenty on the low beam. 2) In case I had a issue with the HID system, I would use the OEM high to get home.

Low and behold, after a week, the delay timer(DEI) quit working and I had no low beam after class one night. Rode home w/ OEM high beam. I have a different brand delay waiting to be installed....No, the starting sequence mentioned in other threads does not work on my '02.

A question for someone....if you use a lower K in the low beam, that would give a noticeable difference when the high beam warmed up?

Matt how are those hid holding up?? thinking very seriously of ordering them. ???

What exactly do the relay do? Do i need them??

I might buy this same kit. I would like to see how long the bulbs last. That is my only concern other then how long the balists will last. Looks good though. On the Gen2 I had, the guy put a 200 dollar HID kit on it as well, and the brights didnt make a big difference either.

Matt how are those hid holding up?? thinking very seriously of ordering them. ???

I have had this same kit installed on my bike now for the past 3 weeks and love them. Yes they make a huge difference. The only way I can describe how much better they are is for you to image you are under water breathing through a straw then someone handed you a 2’’ hose to breathe through. The difference would be like that, the HID’s are way, way, way better. You can find kits on eBay that come with both the high and low beams that are complete systems, plug and play ready to go with the ballasts, shipped for under $40.00. Some people don’t want to do the high beam as you really don’t need it with how bright the low beam will be. Plus leaving the high beam stock gives you back up system if your HID fails. I did both the high and low but if I had it to do over again I would have ordered 2 low beam set ups. The companies who sell them let you pick whatever 2 bulbs you want, they are used to selling two of the same bulbs because that is what you need for cars. By having 2 low beam sets you have a back up bulb and ballast in case you have a problem or you can find another Busa owner who would split the cost of the kit and you both get an HID kit for about $20 each. Don’t wait, you will be soooooo happy with the results and you will wonder why you didn’t do it sooner.

I am getting mine soon.I bought some brighter bulbs but I really want the blue HID glow.Hopefully that kit lasts for the price but I am getting mine friday.

Hey guy that's what I did..... I installed the low beam only. Left the stock high beam just in case the HID Kit would fail.... I have the kit for about 1 year now and I love it. I would recommend it to every one.

Hey guy that's what I did..... I installed the low beam only. Left the stock high beam just in case the HID Kit would fail.... I have the kit for about 1 year now and I love it. I would recommend it to every one.
If the low beam failed, you would still have the high beam HID. (back up) Had some on my 05 for 3 years with no issues.

With the HIDs.. the stock lights are already awesome! I've not been next to another bike with the HID kit. Really that much better than stock?

Can you guess which is stock and which is the hid?

IMG_0469.jpg

The delay timer keeps the HID from firing up when the ignition switch is turned on. Basically it lets you start the bike, then the light kicks in after a determined setting. Some bikes will not allow the light to charge up if using a certain sequence during start-up. There is plenty of info if you do a search for HID delay timer.....enough information to make your eyes cross!

So is it really bright at night??I am going to do this as well but before I buy I want to know how bright it is.

So is it really bright at night??I am going to do this as well but before I buy I want to know how bright it is.

I think that its like having a small sun on the front of your bike :thumbsup:
Planning on doing smoked LED tail light and turn signals along with this HID set up soon! :please:

So where do I get a delay timer for the HID's??

I just installed my two hids last weekend and wired in this timer. It was extremely simple. there is a video on the site to help you with hid install and a schematic to help with the timer.

great price, easy to adjust and install. well worth the money.

Tripage LED

Back