Hid Install Question.

SHADiGUY1

IT IS WHAT IT IS
Donating Member
Registered
Are there and modifications hat need to be made to housing or anything when you install an hid kit i know the bulbs are the same h7 and 9005 but i have heard some modifications had to be made to hold the bulbs please correct me if i am wrong thanks.

Mine are on the way just getting info before they get here thanks again.

there are NO modifications at all if you get a fairly good system. When i did mine, ($125 off ebay) it came with slim ballasts, and relays already wired to one another. Your stock bulb connectors will hold the HID bulbs in perfectly without modding anything. EVERYTHING is two sided tape and plug in wire harnesses. if you want, PM me and i can show you where i put mine, and the before/after pictures for the results I got.
Ther only problem i had is when i got it all hooked up and tried it, my high beam came on instead of my low beam, so i just reversed my plug ins into my harnesses, but that was a 50/50 shot! lol
The hardest part is getting the nose on and off. It took me all but an hour and i had them installed and running, back on the road, and i never done it before.

Think some people had to make a washer/spacer out of rubber or something simular like that to put between the bulb and the clip that holds it in place. The clip needed the spacer to hold the bulb securely in place. Forget the brand name kit.

Garden hose rubber washers. (2)
thumb_up.gif

I recently replaced my bulb and ran into the problem of needing a spacer or a washer to make my bulb sit properly.
In the picture I cut wires #1 and removed that connection completely. It's not needed on a bike and cut the base or of the rubber boot #2 and slid it up until it fit around the base of the bulb. I then was able to attach the clip and the bulb sat securely with no problem.

hid.JPG

Whats needed is a plastic adapter that goes in using the clip and allows you to simply push the bulb in, twist it an it lock securely in place.

I needed to grind a little bit. It wasnt much , but i was stupid, while grinding, didnt cover hole, so now i have small peace of plastic inside headlight... No skills whatsoever
smile.gif

What these guys said PLUS don't forget to NOT touch the bulb with your fingers. If you do clean it denatured alcohol. I wore lates gloves cuz you gotta fiddle with the thing to get it in. Particularly the low beam one.

Back