HID’s don’t come on?

Klutch556

Registered
So last year I got a HID upgrade kit from hidnation for my k19. I took the guy on the phone at his word that he knew what I needed.
i got a h7 and h11 hid bulbs along with two 35w ballasts. They said this was all I needed. I honestly forgot about them till tonight and once I tore into it, I found one bulb is an h9 and the other... hell I dunno, looks like ya plug it into the wall, no numbers on it I recognize.
so I went ahead and hooked up the hid lights, plugged the cluster back in and when I turn the key to the on position, I get nothing. No flicker, no dull glow, no explosions... nothing.
i don’t mind things not working, as long as they blow up or something cool I can talk about later... but this... this is just like my wife, not working and never turned on.
i know the HID’s pull more power on startup but they are just 35w, not the 55w. Or is it the bulbs being wrong that’s got me left in the dark?
If you guys thought my mechanical aptitude was a joke, let me introduce you to the hilarity that is my electrical knowledge.

... but this... this is just like my wife, not working and never turned on.

rofl.gif

Awesome. Hey broski I got the answer for those HIDs...

ya see ya take them....and throw them in the fuggin garbage. Well first ya beat them to death
crowbar.gif
thus removing any lingering frustration and also removing any possibility of ever trying to hook them up again.
Well now that that Busa Problem is solved,I'll be able to sleep better tonight.
I'm not a fan of HIDs or the issues that come with them. If I want something with issues I'll date a Crack-Ho. Somebody that knows them (HID's, not crack-ho's) and how to hook them up and solve yer prob will prolly be a long shortly. I'll move on so as not to turn yer thread into a Pro's vs Con's HIDious thing.
Did I mention I fuggin hate them.
Rubb.

View attachment 1629323
Awesome. Hey broski I got the answer for those HIDs...

ya see ya take them....and throw them in the fuggin garbage. Well first ya beat them to deathView attachment 1629324thus removing any lingering frustration and also removing any possibility of ever trying to hook them up again.
Well now that that Busa Problem is solved,I'll be able to sleep better tonight.
I'm not a fan of HIDs or the issues that come with them. If I want something with issues I'll date a Crack-Ho. Somebody that knows them (HID's, not crack-ho's) and how to hook them up and solve yer prob will prolly be a long shortly. I'll move on so as not to turn yer thread into a Pro's vs Con's HIDious thing.
Did I mention I fuggin hate them.
Rubb.
“HIDeous” lmfao!!!
So, fun story... it was my understanding that solid color wire = ground and multi color = positive. Also that red is your pos and black is your ground. I was PRETTY certain of that... soooooo anyway... lights work now....

The H7 for the low beam needs a spacer, to keep it tight. And now for the power, reverse the polarity, and they should work NP. Also on the low beam, remove the black base from the OEM low beam bulb, and you will see the where to plug the low beam HID ballast in
Any questions, PM me a Number and ill help over the phone

The H7 for the low beam needs a spacer, to keep it tight. And now for the power, reverse the polarity, and they should work NP. Also on the low beam, remove the black base from the OEM low beam bulb, and you will see the where to plug the low beam HID ballast in
Any questions, PM me a Number and ill help over the phone

got everything in and running. Just need to aim the high beam down a bit. Like a lot bit, not pissing off oncoming, but I’m sure some pilots are getting pissed lmao. It’s pointing up about 45 degrees. Is there a guide that says the beam should cut off at (x) height with the bike (x) distance away?

Back