Hiccups Around 5000 Rpm Every Gear

Kris Stewart

Registered
I have an 05, it has voodoo slip ons, a k&N, a pc3, all on it when i bought it. It has 7000 miles on it now, and the guy i bought it from let it sit for over a year while.in Afghanistan. I have changed the fouled plugs and ran about 4 tanks of fuel and fuel system cleaner through it and still does it. If i try to cruise along at a steady pace in the an rpm between 4-5000 it acts like it loses power for.a second and surges back and forth between normal and loss of power for a split second, but if i give it gas it will accelerate all the way.to 10k rpm and pull the entire way. I am lost and dont really know what else to do. I have tried disconnecting the PC3 and it does the same thing. I have read threads about fuel filters and syncing throttle bodies etc. but they all sound like guesses and was wondering if anyone actually KNEW what it probably is. I am pulling the plugs again this weekend to see what they look like and make sure they are gapped correctly but not real sure why.it would give me problems only through a certain rpm range. Someone please help.

I.forgot to mention that i installed Heli bars and new grips,could that have thrown it off?

Okay, i did what you said and sure enough the dash was at the very bottom. No other codes came up excpet that and i havent adjusted it yet because the heat here is miserable.in my garage. Stupid question though, i.have read the manual as to how to adjust but do i adjust with the engine running or off and if its running will the COO code still display as long as I keep.it in dealer mode?

Yep engine running at 1150 rpm's in dealer mode. My turbo does the exact thing your bike does when the tps is on the low mark. You can also test the tps by taking an voltage and ohm reading. I think mine is crapping out. :mad: Let us know if that fixes it. :thumbsup:

Okay, apparently i didnt have enough fuel in my tank cause everytime i lifted the tank it would die. So.i set with engine.not.running. it.was very very difficult.to.do because if i farted while tightening it down it would knock it out of whack again. Either they are ultra sensitive or mine is going bad. Anyhow, i set it, shut it down, checked it again, it was still in the middle. Took her for a ride a sec ago and.....HOLY poop, The difference is amazing, the throttle.is.smooth thru corners in low gears now and no more hiccups at any RPM. I was ready to replace the fuel pump.THANK YOU JERMZFREE for your help. I am truly greatful for not only this site but guys like you that are willing to help a brother out. Thanks again!!!!!!

Back