Hi everyone from Cambridge UK

Bike delivered early this morning and so I took the 1st ride out. very strong side wind gusting badly which did not help.

Not sure I am happy with what I have got for the money, paid £4300 for an 07 gen 1 with 24k miles, 3 previous owners. Not as loved as my 08 R1 which is mint.

I had a good look around it and no obvious damage aside from some painted out marks on the left hand engine case. Fast but in a very different way to the R1, hard to explain really. Felt much like my old Blackbird. Good fit for me, being a big unit! Suspension worked well on our crappy Cambridgeshire roads.

Front brakes are shocking! Really have to squeeze hard to get it to stop. Are they all like that?

Hi cake or death,

Cheapest and quickest fix is fit some EBC HH pads and maybe a brake fluid change but try the change of pads first. They are actually cheaper than the Suzuki pads and easy to fit yourself.

Also make friends with your local bike tyre fitters, you will be a good customer (900 miles to a rear :laugh:) and may even get invited to their Christmas dinner :rofl:

:beerchug:

right, sad to say I`m sending it back.

The dealer agreed to refund me the money. in the UK we are protected by the "sale of goods act", which as it was along with the 7 day cooling off period for telephone/ internet sales gave me all the rights I need.

Fantastic looking bike at first inspection but all of the fasteners looked a bit rusty after market exaust not fitted very well and the brakes were bad beyond anything I had every had, and there was a lot of corrosion under the fairing, obviously had been out in the winter months and the salt had taken its toll.

I will keep looking. very sad to be posting something like this to you guys. nicest bike site I have been on.

Glad u got a refund. Sounds to me your not sure about the way the Busa delivers it's power or maybe you had a bad one!
Because it's such a large engine it delivers it's power in a totally different way from an R1.
I'm still adjusting but as the miles pile on you start to get it.
I also think the gen11 is much better all rounder with far better finish. Also I paid a premium for a FSSH bike from a main dealer but it's a peach.
What r u going to get now?

Back