Hi everyone from Cambridge UK

cakeordeath

Registered
just joined, have not yet bought a Hayabusa yet but will shortly. ( possibly next weekend |).

Budget £3k which limits me to Gen 1. Trying for an 04-05 model with reasonable miles.

Currently own an 08 R1 which will be going up for sale when the weather improves.

Any buying tips appreciated.:please:

regards

Cakeordeath

Make sure you check second gear. You have to really kick these bikes into second and sixth gears. If there's any issue with second gear leave it alone.

2nd gear/ didn't know that, will look out for it as I think I have found the right bike. Its an 07 in black ( gen 1 ) with 24k miles for hopefully £4k ( if my mrs lend me a couple of quid!! )

I've owned two Busa's and have never had an issue. My understanding is that under extreme load the bike will pop out of second gear. Hitting neutral or the false neutral between 5th and 6th is an operator issue, coming out of second under load is a tranny issue. That's a great buy on an '07. You're talking around $7K :poke:

Well I went and did it! paid a deposit, its getting delivered to my house this weekend. bought the 07 at £4300 with delivery thrown in.
big black and beautiful, cant wait to get my hands on her!!

woohoo

Congrats!! Post pictures of her when you get her!!! :thumbsup:

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

Well I went and did it! paid a deposit, its getting delivered to my house this weekend. bought the 07 at £4300 with delivery thrown in.
big black and beautiful, cant wait to get my hands on her!!

woohoo
Hi from Staffordshire, post up pics & I'd be interested to see what you think compared to your R1 ?

will do. 08R1 very fast, but lacks low end torque. also a bit small for me at 6`2" and 18st. The Mrs rides an 06 Fireblade and she can`t wait to try the busa.

very excited now, can`t wait for the weekend, just hope its finally stopped raining!

Nice one, I've just got my first Busa and love it. Nice to have a local on board (Norfolk here) they are a beast of a bike. But coming from an R1 it's only a small step up. I came from an Fz6 !! Any way welcome aboard.

Bike delivered early this morning and so I took the 1st ride out. very strong side wind gusting badly which did not help.

Not sure I am happy with what I have got for the money, paid £4300 for an 07 gen 1 with 24k miles, 3 previous owners. Not as loved as my 08 R1 which is mint.

I had a good look around it and no obvious damage aside from some painted out marks on the left hand engine case. Fast but in a very different way to the R1, hard to explain really. Felt much like my old Blackbird. Good fit for me, being a big unit! Suspension worked well on our crappy Cambridgeshire roads.

Front brakes are shocking! Really have to squeeze hard to get it to stop. Are they all like that?

Back