**hey net nanny!**

GJoker

Still got love for ya's...
Donating Member
Registered
Are you still breaking in the new HDs for rentals?  

If so.. have you broke in any you have been impressed with?

I was reading up on HD's '07s and I like that they jumped to a 96ci motor and a 6spd tranny~  Cruising their site I have actually found myself lusting over one of the softail models... the FXSTB Night Train~ I like how it's blacked out... not a lot of chrome to have to keep all shiny and new looking~ I'm very tempted to put one in the stable~ So I was curious on what you've found from breaking them in.. as far as the feel and ride on these newer models~

rock.gif

smile.gif
Not even on a Bet, or for free...
sad.gif

I know I know, They are alluring, but I promise you will be let down by everything BUT the V-rod. Those are sorta interesting and they don't wiggle down the road. Doesn't mean that they are good? Just less shiddy than the others.

Harley Doesn't care, they are recording record profits, they cannot be bothered with things like value, and performance.
sad.gif

I'd check into Polaris and the Victory! Those are real value, real soid performers for a few less $$$...

sad.gif

OH and NO I haven't ridden any of the 07's but it's prolly not going to matter.

tounge.gif
 Thanks for the feedback... now I HAFTA get one!
laugh.gif
argue.gif
  I told you it would suck. I told you you wouldn't like it, but do you listen to me? nooooooo

This is going to be you after 30 mins on a HD
crazy.gif
Then at the next stop you'll be all  
cussing.gif

Then when we get home You'll be
all_coholic.gif
cuz you're back will hurt so bad.

Trust me, I'm
umnik.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

biggrin.gif
If I didn't already know, after reading this post it would be crystal clear that GJoker and LadyHawk are married.
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

OH GOOD IDEA!!!! GO RENT ONE!!! HEll yeah, sorry I am a little slow on the uptake. But like other have said I dunno 1,000,000 times I'm an Opinionated Pr!ck!

So, That being the case, Go rent one for a day and go for your normal weekend ride with brenda. You're back will be much worse off than it was before. I know it sounds backwards but trust me. The standard cruiser (Sit up and Beg) riding position places MORE strain on the lower back.

If you're really having issues? Go find a Triumph Sprint ST. It's SOOoOOoOOoo Comfy, and still a great all around bike.
thumbs-up.gif

Go rent a Harley for the day, You may see it differently...
cool.gif

i love my busa but i wish i had my 98 softail custom back.best bike i ever had.bought it from a guy that builds drag bikes for a living and it was his personal bike so naturally it had been worked on.only thing i had to do to it was get a different tailight and headlight cover.man that was a nice bike and yes they are overpriced but what aint?

My brother has a 06 street bob the flat black 88ci 6spd.He loves it so far no problems with it.He keeps telling me to ride it but i really have no desire to, maybe someday i will give it a shot.Just cant see spending that much money on that type of bike tax, tag ect.close to 15k for 65-70 hp
rock.gif
He will be in 5th gear and im still in 1st
super.gif
But if everyone liked the same thing it would be pretty boring.Good luck with your choice either way you decide.

keith

95% of all HD's ever made are still on the road...

the other 5% were actually able to make it back home.

Quote from a Psycho '96 Badboy Owner I Once met...

"Don't ever give up yer jap bike man...i used to own a Suzuki 1100 that would do 170 faster than you could count....stop on a dime and go around a corner like sumpt'in out of a cartoon...but that '96 Bad Boy?...I call it The Chrome Turd....it takes a country mile to bust 100 and a country mile and a cowfield to stop the damn thing.....and corners?...with that springer front end?...i'm usually tempted to just get off and walk it around....annd...for what i paid for that POS Chrome Turd?...I could've bought three jap bikes...and the whole 'hd hold their resale' thing is a crock of shid...that's a $20K bike...I've owned it for 18 months....the last three months it's been in the paper for $13K...I had one offer for $11K..and then even he backed out."

No shid...true story...i actually ran into this guy at a gas station about 6 years back...while headed to work 2nd shift saturday...riding my '00 Kawi ZRX1100.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Great feedback all... except that LadyHawk... where's Rubba when you need him... ban her already!!!
tounge.gif

I like the idea of renting one for a day/weekend~ Although I think it will be a while before this particular '07 model hits the rental department~ I'll have to look into that...
smile.gif

tounge.gif
laugh.gif
argue.gif
  I told you it would suck. I told you you wouldn't like it, but do you listen to me? nooooooo

crazy.gif
cussing.gif

all_coholic.gif

Trust me, I'm
umnik.gif

laugh.gif
She's not going anywhere GJoker! That's one of the funniest things I've read in a while
ices_rofl.gif

Just priceless...of course, I could add to the H-D drama by reminding you that the hubby's got a Road King; he's always busy finding new ways to get comfy on it to the tune of lots of $$$...I just remind him that I need "bag space" for my crap for the longer road trips...his H-D = MY STORAGE...
tounge.gif
Hrmmm, maybe Brenda's not approaching this topic correctly...girl, we need to talk!
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

tounge.gif

I can't believe you guys are so down on HD. After all they now build the FASTEST PRODUCTION bike made
wow.gif
. Well, that's what they say in their V-Rod for Drag Racing ONLY Bike Ad
laugh.gif

What's strange is the only V-Rod Drag bikes I've seen just race each other. Kinda hard to loose to anyone else if you don't race them
wink.gif

tounge.gif
laugh.gif
argue.gif

crazy.gif
cussing.gif

all_coholic.gif

Trust me, I'm
umnik.gif

laugh.gif
idea.gif
and Bob gets:

New undertail
New exhaust
PC III
Pilot Powers
Scorpio

Anything else he wants!

laugh.gif

I recently rode a new HD Dyna Wide Glide. A friend bought one and let me take a cruise around the block.

Now, before I give my impressions, I must disclose that I own a 2005 Yamaha Road Star Silverado. It is as close as you can get to HD without actually buying HD. I never ride it and it will be up for sale soon. Too weak compared to the Busa, and the handling, well...

So, now comes the HD. I had actually considered buying one. Long story short, the HD makes the Roadie seem like a sport bike. The Yamaha has more power, better handling, build quality at least as good or better and it costs way less. If I were to become enamored of cruisers again, with the current offerings, I'd go with Yamaha, but with the Roadliner or Stratoliner this time (1800cc, fuel injection, aluminum frame).

Of course, if you have to have a Harley, there is no substitute.

Back