Radiator guards questiom

Hauie

Do the new stock bikes come with the guard or is that an actually different part that we have to buy altogether? I stumbled across a few threads and saw that some people wished they had gotten a guard altogether. I was wondering if anyone with the newer late models can chime in on if I have to buy the part or if I already have one?

Do you find that they restrict airflow at all? Just curious if it made any appreciable difference.

Never seen a carbon fiber one although that would be interesting. Cox Racing is where ya get these, had them on three consecutive bikes now including Busa.

7506164694_13e88cf820_o.jpg

7506164750_7d5aab8f78_o.jpg

7506164996_c794a454a3_o.jpg

7506164800_0dc8498cb2_o.jpg

7506164900_14abbf9983_o.jpg

Like Cake Batter

7998049978_b5ce7aa0d3_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Other than those salt flat pics, is this a real issue? Can't think of anyone that has blown a radiator where a screen would have saved it.
Troy

Other than those salt flat pics, is this a real issue? Can't think of anyone that has blown a radiator where a screen would have saved it.
Troy

There have been a couple posts over the years where someone got a stick or rock in their radiator, and enough damage that it leaked, but it is uncommon.
It could still happen with a guard, but at least it's less likely as there is some protection with having one.

`Back in 2016, I went on an early morning Sunday ride with a buddy. During the ride his rear tire must have kicked up some rocks because I got a hole in my radiator, and my gopro housing got cracked(actually got it on video when it happened). I didn't even know my radiator was leaking until the nice park ranger informed me as he handed me my $425 speeding ticket! GoPro housing, hole in radiator, and a speeding ticket; that was an expensive ride!! LOL!!
When I replaced the radiator I bought the COX Racing kit and installed it. So far so good!

Back