Help with trailer integrator

Zonedogg

Registered
I bought an undertail that came with no leds but does seem to fit with my stock bulbs, I've seen a lot of info about buying a trailer integrator and was wondering of anyone could suggest a brand and post a walkthrough of how to install it it would be much appreciated. Thanks

This is copy/paste from a past tread! (Very Good)

You do need an 2) 6.8ohm resistors off your Lefthand signal lead and Righthand signal leads to Ground to carry a load all the time, That way your signals don't glow all the time.

well, im tired of seeing people getting ripped a new HOLE for these things ...... i've been donig them for YEARS for 39.00 INSTALLED!!! so here ya go guys :

parts needed----  hidden hitch tail light converter  p/n# hdh31822  $10.00 AT wal-mart!!!

THATS RIGHT , ITS A FREAKING TRAILER ADAPTER!!!! LOL!!

you'll need to pull the tail section and the wiring goes like this.....

BIKE FACTORY COLORS:

ground --- blk/ wht tracer
brake---  wht / blk tracer
left turn -----  black
right turn ----- lt grn
tail / running light ---- brown
REVERSE light --- purple    ( thats a JOKE ) LOL

NOW on the hidden hitch part you have 2 sides , we'll call them bike and tail sides!

bike side ---- you have 4 wires

green --- goes to lt grn (bike side of harness)
red ---- goes to wht/blk (there will be 2 wires , tie them together, bike side of harness)
yellow--- goes to black ( bike side of harness)
brown---- goes to brown (bike side of harness)

Tail side ----- you have 4 BUT do AWAY with the WHITE wire!!

You will ONLY use 3 wires here, reason  USE THE FACTORY GROUND FOR THE TURN SIGNALS!!!!! THIS IS A MUST!!!

green --- goes to right brake side bulb -- wht/blk tracer
yellow---- goes to left brake side bulb -- wht/blk tracer
brown---- goes to brown ( tail side of harness)

MAKE SURE TO REPLACE THE STOCK 15AMP FUSE FOR THE BRAKES TO A 20 AMP FUSE!

You are done!!!! put the tail section back on now and have a great day!!! Got a question?? Feel free to call me at  479-522-8282 ,  Joe P.

<!--EDIT|StageRulz
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142980451 -->

signal_mod.gif

Great find. I'm pretty sure Walmart stopped selling these because the cost went up. If you can find one on the shelf somewhere great, otherwise, this is the same unit as in the link in my post above.

thnx so much bought a 10 dollar hoppy trailer light converter from advance and installed it last night now the undertail looks and works great. Too bad I can't get at the piece of crap that tried to make me buy that 75 dollar kit.

Back