Help me get a grip

GSXcite

Squirrel Master
Donating Member
Registered
I need your help. Bought Harris grips. I have never changed from stock grips on any of my bikes but I would like to install the Harris gel grips. Is there a way to get the stock ones off without damaging them? I would like to keep them. Also is there any modifications I must make to the bike to install them, the grinding of some plastic tab?

Saving the stock grips will require some patience to get them off. You can use compressed air inside the grips once you get the bar ends off along with some soap and water. You'll have to be patient with them to keep them. The Harris grips should go on easily, but you do have to get the throttle-side grip over the plastic tab. Not really that tough.

i have used rubbing alcohol , if you slide a small screwdriver in between th grip and the bar pour some down between and work it back and forth it will slide off you can use it to slide the new grips on , it will evaporate and reactivate the glue . good luck !

small screw driver slowly working your way around the clip-on.
once off....you can use hairspray to install the new ones....grip glue tends to dry pretty quickly.

never owned harris grips...so i don't know how they fit....I am a Galindo Super Bike grip person!
wink.gif

Thanks for your help. The new grips are pretty cool. They have the busa symbol and say busa on them in red. Should look pretty good and I hope they help on the vibration, but I want to be able to put the stock ones back on. Someday I may have the only Hayabusa that is totally stock .LOL

Got the new grips on and was able to save the stock ones. You guys are awesome, did just what you said.I like the way the Harris grips look and they look like they will help with the vibration. Thanks for your help!

Glad you like 'em. I had a set and liked the look, but wanted a different look.

I like these, much better than simple stock black ones- just $18 from Rumble Imports. Added the Symtec Heated Grips at the same time too.
biggrin.gif

busa-grips1.jpg

Back