Help guys Fan fuse poppin

wht_scorpion

Registered
Im have a 06 with 15000 miles on it went on Vac. this summer and my bike started to over heat no fan fuse blown. So I fixed it now just yesterday dam bike Had to hook a charge up on the battery which is ok have not rode it in a couple of months. started the bike and let it warm up and started to over heat. Im thinking the fuse pop again and my idle high when I pull the clutch in. Read my sign at the bottom to see what done to the bike.

Make sure the fan turns freely, and then start checking for wires that might be pinched or chafed. Start at the fan and work back

As others have stated make sure it spins
If not you may have something getting the blade stuck

Others have found pebbles wedged between blade and bike, you have been well advised. Simple circuit to troubleshoot if the blades turn freely. Best of luck :thumbsup:

It happened to Taylors brand new ZX14. The fan went bad. It would spin freely but would get warm and stop causing the fuse to pop.

Does the fuse pop after you get the bike wet? It sounds like something may have caused the power wire to go straight to ground.
That is if the fan is not bad or stuck.
Some of the windings may have come undone, It happened to me once (on a car not a bike).

If the fan is bad, let me know, i have one, for sale!

Not yet been really busy I did change the fan blade back a while ago the gasket from the fan blade might need some trimming

Nope it did it again Im hoping its nothing big like wiring harness. Do you think my Hid are doing some thing? Is their any kind of lube to use on the bearing under the blade. Found a little rust under the blade on the corner near one of the screws. can I take the motor apart or is that a bad idea. And another thing the Idle jumps up when the fuse blow.

There are a lot of steps you can take to figure out what's going on. Unplug the factory fan and and run the bike with a house fan blowing at the radiator to help keep things cool while testing. If you still blow the fuse with the fan unplugged you can assume you have a shorted wire, so go in that direction. If the problem goes away you are dealing with a fan motor draw problem and you can take steps to get to the bottom of that. Email me your cell# if you want me to call you to talk you through the diagnostics.

Dan

I think it was the gasket that was rubbing
on the black collar under the blade I trimmed it go to see if that was it might of put a strain on the fan that cause the fuse to pop.
That black collar had rub mark on it.

I'm just try to keep a positive mind that I might of mess up put in back together because it my baby. Thanks guy will keep you guys updated if it act out again.

Ok I had the fan run on the bike working ok but when I put my HID high beam on it drains the power from the fan and you can hear the fan idle down some. could the HID high beam be causing the problem of the fan fuse popping.

Wow, the HIDs shouldn't be pulling the battery down. How old is the battery ?

Honestly here, is this at idle??

If so the Stator will not keep up with everything on.

As for the fuse blowing, the high beam and the fan are separate circuits, one does not have anything to do with the other.

There has to be a chaffed wire or something in the fan circuit.

I would just hook the fan up to 12 volts, not the bike's, with a 10 amp fuse in line and wait to see if the fuse blows.

That will determine if the problem is the fan its self!

Back