Help!!! Brake Decision to make

loboboy

Donating Member
Registered
I am in need of some help here. I am going to upgrade my brakes. Before you start I already have SS lines and HH pads with the stock calipers but I am going to do a complete upgrade.

I am wanting to know the Pros and Cons of Radial VS Standard mounting. I can upgrade both but if the Radial is worth the extra money I will go with those. so if anyone has had experience with this subject please give me your opinions.

I am also doing this mainly for track use not just street riding. Thanks for the help.

Someone knowledgeable needs to spout off! I'm very interested in better stoppers. Already have kevlar lines and the HH pads too.

...radial brake are more stable under hard breaking!! I wanted to do an upgrade, and ordered brembo stuff also calipers, rotors and a radial master cylinder... when It reached I realised that the mounting is different. I've been trying for over a month now to get a radial mount adapter for the Hayabusa with no luck....
sad.gif

...someone suggest to me that I might get it over eBay, but no luck there... not found any online source either. I suggest you sort out the problem of the adapter first and then get the relevent Brembo parts, also if you come across anything for the adpter please let me know
bowdown.gif

Is this something that can be made? I've got resources if you've got ideas.......

Well I know that the radial ends one of the pads wearing before the other does on the conventional design . That alone tells me you get more squeeze on the brake pad surface thats available to put on the rotor . I beleive their are positive lack of torsional/twisting differences also with the radials .

I found the entire Brembo set up less pads for 1195.00

Seems a good deal to me . I thought about trying the Brembo master cylinder first but was told many eventually upgrade from there so I'm thinking the savings from buying the entire kit from the git go is the way for me .

No track days for this bike . Just want killer brakes .

<!--EDIT|mountainmotor
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115956019 -->

The adapter the Shenoyp is talking about is a complete new fork bottom. I have seen somewhere in the mags where someone makes one but I can not finds it now. From what i have been hearing just doing the Axial Brembo conversion is worth every penny and it is alot cheaper thatn buying a 1200.00 set of fork bottoms. here is the link to where I found the most info on them.

www.calsportbike.com

I think this is the way I am going to go. The Radial setup would be nice but remember the Superbike RC51's of factory honda still used the Axial mounting. Nicky won the Championship with the Axial setup so it must work good. Anyway just my thoughts. Anyone else have something to add?

My $.02. If you're building a competitive track bike, you started with the wrong base.
NO I AM NOT BUILDING A RACE BIKE!!!!!

but track days is one of the reasons I want the brake upgrade kit. I am not going to race the busa but like to ride track days and I want better brakes. Eventually I will get a purpose built track bike but for now this is what I am after.

The Brembo upgrade kit which sells for $1200 does not use radial mount calipers.

I know it is the Axial brake upgrade that i am talking about. If I want to go to the Radial I ahve to buy new fork bottoms or new forks and that is what I was asking if that is worth the money over the Axial upgrade.

I have been thinking of upgrading my brakes also. I don't have any prices yet on the radials....just the calipers and the brackets to mount them are going to be expensive. I have talked to some people at Kneedraggers and Yoyodyne and they say that the Brembo kit is the best "bang for the buck" it comes with a radial master cylinder and is supposed to make a big improvement.

My $.02. If you're building a competitive track bike, you started with the wrong base.
Well I dont agree with you much but I will agree here, wrong base for sure ...and you probably dont want to hear it but the stock brakes are more then adequate for the Busa and id even wager that too much better of a brake would likely get an agressive street rider in trouble with the Busa.

Brembo brakes are good, but check out the AP racing set. You can get PVM radial mounts and AP calipers, add a set of PVM master cyl's and you are all set. Oops, forgot to add Braking rotors. This setup stops on a dime, no brake fade at all, but is a little pricey.

PC180050.JPG

Gee I guess the fact that the 'Busa's brakes can easily stand the bike on it's nose isn't good enough. Get some good aftermarket pads and save your money for something else.

Gee I guess the fact that the 'Busa's brakes can easily stand the bike on it's nose isn't good enough. Get some good aftermarket pads and save your money for something else.
easy fella's. I have gotten to the point I want better than what is there. Brake fade is one reason and I am trying to go deeper into the corners and the brakes are not up to the task. This is why I am after a different setup.

Another thing is I have a money tree in the back I need to harvest.......
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

tounge.gif

laugh.gif

....thank you loboboy!! Ill check out the link that you have posted here

Back