Help about power commander.

HayabusaIS

Registered
Hello all members, I have 2003 bike, Hayabusa with 1396 cc engine.the bike has PowerCommander IIIr. The bike is to rich, the plugs are wet of fuel and black smoke. I have downloded the softwere for this commander and all maps from DynoJet. I have laptop and connection cable. How should I connect and start the prosess to find out which map is in the bike. And can I adjust the fuel ratio on the laptop? The bike has race exhaust, bigger cams, 13,5:1 compression, modified airbox KN filter. Ported head.:banghead:
Regards FG.(in Iceland)

That's a pretty serious set-up to just have some random map "thrown" on to it to make it run. Something with those kinds of parts really should be dyno tuned fully before you cause any damage because that bike is far from a stock bike with a pipe and air filter on it

You told us a lot but not enough. :poke: Did you have the work done or do it yourself ? has it ever been dyno tuned ? I don't know if DynoJet is gonna have a map for you. $250 - $ 300 for a tune seems prudent.

There is a map in the commander from OrientExpress but the software can not find the commander. It is Power Commander IIIr not usb. The bike has been ok but is now to rich. I have right version of software, serial plug from PC and USB plug to the laptop. I plug the lap to the PC and then set the ign to on and then open the software but the software can not find the PC, am I doing this in right row.

My besst regards FG.

If you have the 9 volt battery connector, use it instead of trying to power the PCIII thru the bike. For some reason my computer only recognizes the PCIII when i have it running on 9volt battery.

Thanks for this, I will take out the Pc and and test the bike. I tested the compression. The compr is 215-220psi(cold).The colant sensor is ok and the intake temp sensor is ok.Same value as in manual at 20degC.

Regards FG.

What size cams? I got a few maps that could help you a bit, but you need to find a Dyno....give me your emal.

My email is :fridbjorn.georgsson@idnskolinn.is

cams: o.395

Suzuki 010_small.jpg

Suzuki 049_small.jpg

There is a map in the commander from OrientExpress but the software can not find the commander. It is Power Commander IIIr not usb. The bike has been ok but is now to rich. I have right version of software, serial plug from PC and USB plug to the laptop. I plug the lap to the PC and then set the ign to on and then open the software but the software can not find the PC, am I doing this in right row.

My besst regards FG.

I would look at windows device manager on your PC to make sure your power commander is connected to the proper port. If you look at your ports through device manager and plug the power commander in and out you should see it come in and out. Then you should load the driver and make sure the com port that is automatically assigned is the same one your power commander software uses.

The power commander software may automatically use com1 so you may have to assign the power commander once you find it in device manager to com1

Also, you may have to load a driver for your device for it to work.

The serial devices are different than the usb ones. The serial devices are less user friendly.

If you need more help than what I just said I would call Dynojet and talk to tech support so you stop wasting anymore time trying to figure it out on your own. There is no point in trying to reinvent the wheel when tech support already has a quick fix for you.

Back