Helmet mount

wreckwriter

Donating Member
Registered
I have this helmet mount for the Hero 9. It came with no instructions and the only thing I can find online is instructions on how to put the adhesive part on.

Looking at the mount in this picture there's a little metal part that looks like it should be adjustable but doesn't move. Should it move?

Any tips on where on the helmet (Bell RS-1 full face) it should be mounted? I'm thinking on the side rather than the top but can't find any guidelines on exactly where to put it. Anyone using side mount on a similar helmet? Pics of the mounting angle would be great.

Thanks for your time.

20230105_075818.jpg
lm

Side, front center below the chin vent, or the top, there is no right or wrong place.
The up/down angle you put it at is more important(but of course is adjustable), and may take a few trys to get a straight ahead view, vs the angle your head/helmet are at the most when you're riding.
Chin mounts tend to get a better frame, it's centered, and much easier to get a clean shot in front of you, while still being able to get the windshield and guages in there, or keep them just below view.
If I were you I would watch some youtubes with the cameras mounted in different spots, that way you can personally decide what you like best, before you stick it on there.

Side, front center below the chin vent, or the top, there is no right or wrong place.
The up/down angle you put it at is more important(but of course is adjustable), and may take a few trys to get a straight ahead view, vs the angle your head/helmet are at the most when you're riding.
Chin mounts tend to get a better frame, it's centered, and much easier to get a clean shot in front of you, while still being able to get the windshield and guages in there, or keep them just below view.
If I were you I would watch some youtubes with the cameras mounted in different spots, that way you can personally decide what you like best, before you stick it on there.
Excellent. Thanks for the detailed response. I guess that ball joint is just really tight, guess it has to be. Would be cool if there was a way to lock it in place rather than just making it so tight that I'm worried that it would break before it moved. Don't know that I need to move it, just wanted to know if it was supposed to be movable.

Excellent. Thanks for the detailed response. I guess that ball joint is just really tight, guess it has to be. Would be cool if there was a way to lock it in place rather than just making it so tight that I'm worried that it would break before it moved. Don't know that I need to move it, just wanted to know if it was supposed to be movable.
Those type of mounts are nice because you have a lot of adjustability but the downside is it has to be tightened a lot or else it slowly will move out of place. I use a chinmounts.com go pro mount as it's made specifically for each helmet. its minimalistic so you don't have to use that many attachments.

Those type of mounts are nice because you have a lot of adjustability but the downside is it has to be tightened a lot or else it slowly will move out of place. I use a chinmounts.com go pro mount as it's made specifically for each helmet. its minimalistic so you don't have to use that many attachments.
They don't have one for my bucket (Bell RS-1) but I have a generic strap on chin mount that fits well.

Back