Helmet for Orange & Black Busa

efiguero

Registered
I have been looking for a helmet that has more orange and black than anything and have not had much luck. Oh and the Suzuki Matching helmet would be my last option, kinda want something different.

I saw a Discontinued ICON helmet called the Dragon, on a MainFrame Helmet that was cool, but again it is discontinued and hard to get.
http://i13.ebayimg.com/06/i/000/ef/06/ecbe_1.JPG

The other is the ICON Seveth Seal, that one looks cool
http://www.newenough.com/image/path/14273/front.jpg

Any Ideas???

I have been looking for a helmet that has more orange and black than anything and have not had much luck. Oh and the Suzuki Matching helmet would be my last option, kinda want something different.

I saw a Discontinued ICON helmet called the Dragon, on a MainFrame Helmet that was cool, but again it is discontinued and hard to get.

Any Ideas???
If the choices are limited to those 2 options I would pretty much rather get the ICON Seveth Seal. My 2 cents.

However, if you can get a OEM Hayabusa matching helmet from Shoei, that's the one to go for, IMHO.

Cheers!

This might sound a little crazy but, try a Harley dealership. Orange and black run rampant there.

I personally think a helmet should reflect your personality. Color coding your wear with you bike is cool, like jacket, pants maybe etc. But you're helmet has to be something that says soemthing about you're personality. Like a number and a jersey on a sports player, a MotoGP racer has his own helmet for that year. Its their signature. Thats just me I guess.

This might sound a little crazy but, try a Harley dealership. Orange and black run rampant there.
Interesting, had not thought of that one, not sure how many full face helmets they would have. Plus their orange is a little different, but it does not hurt to check. I actually live like 5 minutes from a Harley dealer, which it was my Suzuki dealer instead (30 minutes a way).

Also, Homdai thanks for the info, that helmet would be the easiest to aquire. I am sure there have to be other options out there, no one catering to the new Busa color? Funny thing is I am running around with my old Yellow Shoei GSXR helmet that matched my old gixxer. That is why I am kinda staying away from the Suzuki Busa helmet, wanna try something a little different.

Any Ideas???
I got the Seventh seal when I bought my bike (blk/org) just becasue Icon helments fit me better, Arai and Shoel make a couple that go with that color.

I personally think a helmet should reflect your personality. Color coding your wear with you bike is cool, like jacket, pants maybe etc. But you're helmet has to be something that says soemthing about you're personality. Like a number and a jersey on a sports player, a MotoGP racer has his own helmet for that year. Its their signature. Thats just me I guess.
Hey Select,

That is a great point of view, I guess it must be the thrill of the Busa being my first bike that I wanna go with the matching stuff, probably I will go with your trend a little later on.

But wouldn't you rather go with a customized painting job on your helmet if what you wanted was to reflect your personality?, I think I would, I mean, if you already have a helmet you don't like as it is anymore and if you also happen to know a decent custom painting artist, I guess it shouldn't be that expensive, probably the same sum that you would pay for a brand new helmet and even less, not that I'm trying to think outta the box or anything but it might work as well and be worth the shot, right?

Well, I don't know, I guess I'm talking nonsense now.
banghead.gif

Cheers guys!

Arai Corsair Tommy Gun
Yeah I thought about that one, but did not think it would match. I was actually wanting the Tommy gun when it fist came out to use for my Gixxer. Wow it does look good, my only problem is the price of that thing is freakin expensive!! Like $500 plus right? I also agree with the idea of having one that reflects your personality. If I had the money to get one custom painted I would, but that is kinda pricey. That is why I am trying to stay away from the Suzuki Busa helmet, since I had the Gixxer helmet for so long. I still want the colors to match though, just want a cool design. Thanks for all the input so far!

It only hurts the bank account for a little while, but man this helmet is comfortable! I thought my Shoei RF1000 was nice, but this thing blows it away.

I just waited for a new one on e-bay to pop up for a nice price and got it for less than $400.00.

try Suomy exteme dragon, a little pricey but kinda cool
much cheaper is the GMAX 68S dragon, got a great write up, lots of vents, only about $110

try Suomy exteme dragon, a little pricey but kinda cool
much cheaper is the GMAX 68S dragon, got a great write up, lots of vents, only about $110
Yeah that Suomy is pretty neat has not seen that one. Your right it is pricey, I think at that price I would probably go with the Shoei Tommy Gun. I did see the GMAX 68s Dragon, was hesitant because the price was so cheap, but your right it got good reviews. So when I tried to order one, it seems that most venders are backordered. Thanks for the info.

June issue of Motorcyclist has a add for a HJC cs-r1, black with orange flames with photo of orange and black Busa in background. If price is a issue you may want to look at this. Says it's under a $100. never had a HJC so I don't know about quality.

Arai Corsair Tommy Gun
Yeah I thought about that one, but did not think it would match. I was actually wanting the Tommy gun when it fist came out to use for my Gixxer. Wow it does look good, my only problem is the price of that thing is freakin expensive!! Like $500 plus right? I also agree with the idea of having one that reflects your personality. If I had the money to get one custom painted I would, but that is kinda pricey. That is why I am trying to stay away from the Suzuki Busa helmet, since I had the Gixxer helmet for so long. I still want the colors to match though, just want a cool design. Thanks for all the input so far!
Exactly how much is your head worth? Your family's future with you? By the very best lid you can man,you wont regret it.

I don't have a ton of cash to spend myself, but I never regret this purchase.. After a few hours on the bike and no discomfort I know I made the right choice..

Buying a helmet because of the graphics matching your bike is like buying insurance because you like the company's TV commercials.

Quality, fit and protection is foremost and the color or graphics a distant last after venting, shield option and so on.

Go try on some helmets and find out what brands fit your head correctly and offer the features you desire then see what they have on color options. This item is function first and form second.

Remember black goes with everything, even another bike  
winkold.gif

I have been checking for a new helmet as well and just found this store. Some amazing prices on Soumy helmets. the site has a best offer feature which makes them even cheaper.

Buying a helmet because of the graphics matching your bike is like buying insurance because you like the company's TV commercials.

Quality, fit and protection is foremost and the color or graphics a distant last after venting, shield option and so on.

Go try on some helmets and find out what brands fit your head correctly and offer the features you desire then see what they have on color options. This item is function first and form second.

Remember black goes with everything, even another bike  
winkold.gif
ya beat me to the punch. I was going to suggest just a plain black helmet too. Greatly opens you options up. And frankly I prefer an all black helmet.

I know what you guys mean, about getting a decent one, that is why I am leaning towards an ICON. My cousin has one and has loved it. My old Helmet is a Shoei (Suzuki GSXR match to bike helmet)and it was cool, I paid around $350, and that is kinda where I wanna stay around. I feel a little odd running around on an orange busa with a yellow gixxer helmet, lol. The $500-$600 range is a little out of my price range at the moment (Spent most of my free funds on my down payment for the bike). I would rather not get a cheap no name brand because you get what you pay for, hence the reason I am skeptical about that GMAX helmet with a $109 price tag. It did get really good reviews, and it is backordered in most areas, so it can't be that bad. I understand as well about comfort and safty, but I also want a design I like as well. I appreciate all the feedback so far, thanks for taking the time!

Also George3.3, what site are you referring too?

I'm also shopping for a new helmet, mine is getting worn and loose. I'm going to go solid black, but I think I'll get one of those reflective Kanji's for it to spice it up.

Back