Hello please to meet you all!

qpddd

Bits and Bytes user
Donating Member
Registered
Hi

Just part exchanged my R1200GS for an RK8 model. I've always had sports bikes but 15 months ago I ended up in the BMW dealership handing over a load of cash and buying something that I thought was a good idea at the time???

It was only a matter of time before I found the right bike to "tick all my boxes" and that was the Busa. I don't actually pick it up until tomorrow but i'm already very excited and a little nervous if truth be known :)

I have a couple of newby questions If someone would be so kind to help me out.

1. Are paddock stands easy to use? If so does the swing arm have pre drilled holes on it for the bobbins? Are the bobbins standard?

2. I'm going to fit a scottoiler, there website has fitting instructions and tells you to "Tee into" the vacuum pipe at the back of the airbox, is it easy to get to?

3. Any good crash bungs about?

Thanks very much

Tony :beerchug:

Last edited:
I have an 2006 and my swingarm has the holes for the bobbins.
Paddock stands are real easy to use.
I have no experience with oilers - don't like them for the mess and finiky adjustments.
Some do and they will chime in and flame me.

Welcome!

:welcome:

Welcome to the group... I see its 3amm and your posting... Someone is excited about the new bike...... :thumbsup:

:welcome:

As for a stand, they just take some getting used too!
As for the spools, there are really 2 different sizes, if i recall they are 8mm
As for the oiler, i have heard good stories and bad, personally i think thats its a waste of money!

Oh, there are :rulez:

:worthless:

Welcome to the oRg! Stands are great, invest in a good set. The bobbins are not standard but when you pick the bike up, have them put a set on. They are cheap. Cant wait to see pictures of your new bike.:beerchug:

Welcome! Think all of those questions have been answered, but if you have others feel free to ask. This is a great place!

:welcome:aboard

I understand for the UK folks oilers are very popular. Unfortunatly in the USA not to many people that I know run them. Scottoiler has been around for a very long time so I'm sure they do make a good well though out product.

I like the R&G crash bungs.

What a warm welcome, thanks :) Only 19 hours to go, think its time to have a couple of beers, might make me sleep before the big day lol

:beerchug:

Hope to be a regular here, seems a friendly place with lots of good info. What benefits do you get from donating apart from giving to a good cause and a wealth of information? :bowdown:

Thanks again

Tony

Back