Hello to all

E Zurcher

Registered
Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself.

I live in New Mexico, Albuquerque area. Bought an 09 Busa in October and have managed to put 2000 miles on it as of today's ride.

I was looking for a bike to commute to work on and to save some money on gas. I have a few friends that ride and they thought I was crazy for buying the Busa. I do have riding experience since 13 years old, two enduros and a 82 GS1100 in high school which I saved for 3 years and rode for 7 months before I sold it. I sold it because I joined the Air Force and I literally hadn't ridden since then. That's 28 years ago so you can see why my friends thought I was crazy for buying the Busa.

So I took it slow and easy until break in was over and the old skills came back pretty fast. I have to say I LOVE this bike!!!!! My wife told me every time I come back from a ride I'm in a great mood and she's absolutely right.

Last weekend me and my buddy went for a ride and we swapped bikes for a while. I have to say his honda 919 Hornet? was not even close. I had the biggest thrill when he passed me at around 160 MPH I laughed out loud. Later I got it up to 170 indicated and was amazed at how much she had left to go. I'm looking forward to maxing it out one day when I have the cajones.

Anyway, hello to all and looking forward to your posts.

Welcome on board and post some pics of the bike.:rulez:

I stopped riding for many years as well, sold my bike when I had kids and got the Busa when the kids finished college. Amazing how fast the skills come back. Good to know how you are enjoying the bike.

Be safe at those high speeds.

:welcome: to the board and congrats to getting back on two wheels!

he passed me at around 160 MPH I laughed out loud. Later I got it up to 170 indicated and was amazed at how much she had left to go.

Stretching your legs there. What you'll find amazing is to hit 140-150 and it's just starting to pull. :thumbsup:

:welcome:

Back