Hello everyone

TRSEFX

Registered
Been awhile since ive been here. Anyways I unfortunately scratched my front fender of my 2003 Busa, (copper color 40th.) I ordered from Colorite the OEM color and clear in the aresol can. Can anyone help me with the process of fixing this. This would be my first time, but im not really an idot when it comes to fixing things. LOL Anyways what type of sandpaper or grit would I use. Would I sand the spot until it blends down and into the rest of the paint. Should I paint the whole fender, and how many coats of paint, also how many coats of clear? Any techinque of this process would be greatly appreciated. Also i've tried to look for a fender with this color like from the factory online, but cant seem to find one. Maybe I have to go to the dealer and order one if I really screw this one up. LOL Anyways thanks in advance guys/gals.

I dont recommend this,take it to a pro!
smile.gif

If you forge ahead,you may not be happy with the results.

If you go for it,it can always be fixed by a pro. Spray bombs are never the way to paint anything of quality.

but...if you did go. Try to feather out any imperfections you have with 320 grit,you can go ruffer if you want.Final sand the whole fender with 400 grit till there are no shinny spots and all is even. Get a warm dust free enviroment (70 degrees or better). Use a primer first,sanding it to 400. Then spray 2 or 3 coats of paint,followed by 2 or 3 coats of clear before the paint has dried.

Chances are it wont match perfectly,but it might be close and you could have some fun doing it.

If you already bought the paint,what the heck,give it a shot.

RSD.

I'm with rub on this. Since you have the stuff, why not give it a try? Sand the scratches as good as you can. Primer will also fill some of the scratches. Spray it, sand it then repeat if necessary until smooth. The key is to have a clean, dust free area to spray. Apply the paint in several coats,rather than trying to get coverage on one or two coats. May see if you can get some scrap plastic from a dealer to practice on.

I'm with rub on this. Since you have the stuff, why not give it a try? Sand the scratches as good as you can. Primer will also fill some of the scratches. Spray it, sand it then repeat if necessary until smooth. The key is to have a clean, dust free area to spray. Apply the paint in several coats,rather than trying to get coverage on one or two coats. May see if you can get some scrap plastic from a dealer to practice on.
yeah! If RR would have done it that way I wouldn't have had to have my inner panels painted again!

Had to say it. I feel better now. Thank You.

hogger...

Back