Heli Bars

Big Sloppy

Donating Member
Registered
I know it can't be too difficult. But seeing as I am mechanically challenged I was wondering if there is anybody who has done the installation that can offer some assistance

Thanks
JP

It is a really simple install. Just follow the instructions included. Really, it's that easy. You might need to reroute some cables or loosen some brake lines but you will see what you need to do. And then go to Lowes or any hardware store and buy 2 each 1" plastic or crome hole (filler) plugs in the plumbing dept to fill the holes left above the fork adjusters.

David  
super.gif

There are no holes left to fill using helibars. This is not a spacer install. You are replacing the clipons with modified ones. The only cable that needs to be moved is the "choke" cable. Move to left side of neck. That is all that needs to be modified. The install is as easy as removing the bar ends, grips and loosening the clutch and brake master cylinders. Very easy to do and believe me you will love the difference with the bars installed.  
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|flrider
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122667436 -->

Piece of cake to do on my '05. I followed the instructions and they were easy to understand. I went to a local rider supply place and picked up a little bottle of handlebar grip glue before I started. The old grips come off with alcohol as they suggest but you need to glue them onto the HeliBars. The grip glue seemed to work.

Isimply re-applied alcohol to the grips when I put them back on and the glue left in the grips re-adhered. Figure on spending an hour doing it. I'll make it REAL easy on ya... when removing the bar ends instead fo reaching for a phillips screwdriver simply grab the bar end firmly with your hand and twist Counterclockwise. This will break it loose without damaging the screw. You can use the screwdriver to finish removing the screw.

Yup, installation was a snap. Relocating the fast Idle is easy enough. Only problem I have is that now with the heli's installed I cannot rotate my levers to where I want them... Kinda sucks.

Back