Heads Up Scam!

Dino

VERITAS - AEQUITAS
Donating Member
Registered
I received a text message this morning:

Sender: 5000
Text: Notice / This is and automated message from Bank-Fund Staff F.C.U. Your ATM card has been suspended. To reactivate call urgent at 1-909-978-6050

This is BOGUS I notified my bank and cell carrier.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads-up.

Merry Christmas.

Thanks for the heads up, they will try anything they can. Watch out for the paypal emails as well.

so what happens if you call the number? I know you said it was a scam but what are they tryign to accomplish?

Working in the online world selling motorcycles and heavy industrial equipment, and having a criminal justice administration background I feel qualified to say that scammers and pedophiles fall into the same category and should be treated accordingly. :corner::moderator:

Working in the online world selling motorcycles and heavy industrial equipment, and having a criminal justice administration background I feel qualified to say that scammers and pedophiles fall into the same category and should be treated accordingly. :corner::moderator:

:thumbsup::thumbsup: :whistle:

so what happens if you call the number? I know you said it was a scam but what are they tryign to accomplish?

I called the number and an automated response saying I needed to do a security update and please enter my 16 digit credit card numer...I hung up after that.

No mention of my banks name
Asked for Credit Card over the phone but mentioned ATM card in text message.

I called the bank they were happy I reported it.

909 area code is So. CA. I would expect it to be shut down right away if it gets reported to the banks.

--Wag--

Yep, 909 is about 40 minutes away from me...If you got an address I'd be more than happy to pay a visit:whistle:

Back