Headlight questions??

Rich

Registered
I am putting the busa back together after paint, chrome, polishing, ect and I got to the headlight and I am missing the metal bar on the back. The metal bar holds the low beam headlight in place. I went to a suzuki dealer and www.ronayers.com and could not find the dang part #. If anyone has that or knows where to get it could you let me know, or if someone has an extra one laying around that they would be willing to sell.

Thanks
Rich

I would think that would come as part of the socket cover assembly for the headlamp. Even though they don't show it on the micro fiche.......
When I reviewed the drawing it had three parts. First, the bulb, second the adapter, & finally the socket cover thats suppose to hold the whole thing together. My guess is its a component of the later.......
part #35125-24f10

<!--EDIT|ks-waterbug
Reason for Edit: "correct part numbers"|1078589246 -->

After thinking about this why not call the warehouse direct...... Have them crack one open and see if its included.

Say Homeboy,
This what yer lookin for?

DSC02230.JPG

Sleeper I just recieved the metal piece. That is the wrong one. My bad. I thought that the one in the pic was much bigger, because that is the shape of it. I will post a pic of the back of the headlight in a minute.

Here is the pic, now the drawing is not exact. But it is a big metal piece that goes all the way over the back.

Back_of_headlight_1.JPG

The one that sleeper has a pic of does not go on anywhere on the back. If so I can not see where. That is alright I am waiting to see what is up when I put it all back together. I talked to the chromer today and they said that it would be done in about 7 more days/plus shipping time. I have new bulbs for it and I am going to see what is up. I was just trying to put everything on and not have to worry about anything once I get everything running.

The one that sleeper has a pic of does not go on anywhere on the back.  If so I can not see where.  That is alright I am waiting to see what is up when I put it all back together.  I talked to the chromer today and they said that it would be done in about 7 more days/plus shipping time.  I have new bulbs for it and I am going to see what is up.  I was just trying to put everything on and not have to worry about anything once I get everything running.
Hey Rich,

I'm gonna attempt to explain this one to you. The piece that Sleeper sent you IS the correct piece. You have to pull back the rubber dust cover and get to the bulb itself. That piece holds the low beam in place with two screws. It's a little tricky to get in and you have to find the exact position it goes, but if you play with it for a little while, you will get it. There is NO brace that hold the lighting assembly in place. There are four screws (two on each side of the light housing) that holds the light in place. Just unplug the little wire and pull the rubber dust cover back and you will see exactly where the piece goes. Trust me!!

Brian

Ok thanks ba, for some reason I seem to remember there being a big metal bar accross the back, I will check it out tonight. Thanks again.

Ok thanks ba, for some reason I seem to remember there being a big metal bar accross the back, I will check it out tonight.  Thanks again.
You'll get it. Believe me when I say that it's tricky. It would be easier to have an extra hand in there. If not, you will have to tighten down one side then hold the other side in place and tighten it down. It'll all come back to you once you remove the dust cover. Good luck! Just holla if you need anything else.

Bria

was the nose off the bike when you took that pic?... if not.. thats a tiny ass camera

Back