Heading to Jamaica

Rongotti

Registered
So I am looking at the 40F weather this weekend vs the 80F weather in Jamaica and I decided what the hell.

JetBlue had a one day sale I got a roundtrip ticket to MontegoBay for $193!
I love Jetblue!
I leave in the AM, I love impromptu trips!
:beerchug:

I am back from my impromptu trip, i had fun but i probably wont go on vacation by myself again. I stayed at the Hilton Rose Hall resort. Since I am a Hilton Honors Gold member I got hooked up nice! BUT........... the taxi system in Jamaica is a racket! Seriously, if it was here in the states they would be prosecuted by RICO. It was $35 each way to get to the "hip strip" where Margaritaville and down town is. So $70 round trip for one person, wow. The ride to and from the airport was also $35 each way. If I would have brought my girl or one of my boys I would have enjoyed it more.
2010-12-10_11-02-13_739.jpg

2010-12-10_12-00-38_293.jpg

Ya gotta know the runnings, Mon! Negril is the place, and rent a bike if you're a fool like me! No way I'd ride in MoBay, tho. $18 US from MoBay to Negril, and cheap to stay & eat, if ya know you're way around.

This is Lost Beach area, great riding!
ridejamrock.jpg
[/IMG]

Another JamRock rental roadburner

honda.jpg
[/IMG]

The taxi from my hotel to Negril was $105. JUNTA (Jamaican Union of National Taxi Associates or something like that) is a racket. I would definitely rent a car the next time I go.
Posted via Mobile Device

looks a little windy- wasn't too bad was it?

Not at all it was perfect!
I have been to 29 countries and this was by far the best view I have ever had at any beach. My dumb @$$ didnt bring a single pair of shorts lol. I was comfortable in jeans tho perfect weather, just wish I would have brought my girl, it would have been a lot better time.

just wish I would have brought my girl, it would have been a lot better time.

i vacation by myself alot, and im always wishin i had taken someone with me.
life is better when shared.:thumbsup:
but i'd rather go alone, than not go at all.

Last edited:
Back