Hayabusa rack/trailer/carrier...

razorshark

Registered
I need to get a trailer for my busa, something I can put on my Chevy Avalanche but not take up much room because I don't have much space.  Anybody seen this or have any opinions:

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Motorcycle-carrier-rack-Sport-bike-trailer-hayabusa_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34284QQihZ0
16QQitemZ260135944328QQrdZ1" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....8QQrdZ1</a>

"This carrier is made with the sport bike rider in mind. The item is made by GC-Manufacturing out of Oklahoma and comes with a 10 YEAR WARRANTY. The carrier has a PATENT PENDING NO WOBBLE DESIGN and comes with a FREE 41" LOADING RAMP..  Your carrier will be made with only the highest quality AMERICAN MADE STEEL and all weld are done by state certified welders. It is rated to hold up to 900lbs at any given time and the length is 75" long and 21 1/4 from the center of the hitch pin to the center of the channel. You will need 5 rachet style tie-downs when using. 2 to the handle bars, 2 to the rear frame, and 1 around the rear tire for added safety."

$339.99 plus $93.70 shipping, think I would just drive to OK to pick it up if good.  The trailers around here go for $1k and I have no storage area for it, don't want to leave it outside because it would get stolen within a week.

53_1.JPG

fa_1.JPG

Thanks,
Sharky

Man Sharky I don't know if I could trust something like that Bro. For10/66 just bought a two bike trailer for around $400 and once you are done it folds up and stand upright. You might want to talk to him this week end and find out the name of the trailer I is really well built as well.

(rubber2burn @ Jul. 11 2007,09:20) Man Sharky I don't know if I could trust something like that Bro.  For10/66 just bought a two bike trailer for around $400 and once you are done it folds up and stand upright.  You might want to talk to him this week end and find out the name of the trailer I is really well built as well.
$400! ok yeah I'm all over that, thanks Adam

Hey bro just spoke with For10/66 the people that make his trailer is Kendon. They are normally $1000-$2000 brand new but you may beable to find one used that is how for10/66 got his for $400.

craigslist.com.

I bought 4X8 utility trailer for $100. New tires 30 for pair. Light and could be stored vertically.

A buddy of mines got one and he puts his bike on it no problem, has taken it a few places. Myself all i keep imagining in my head is it breaking and my baby tumbling down the highway. but that's just me.

(razorshark @ Jul. 11 2007,09:01) I need to get a trailer for my busa, something I can put on my Chevy Avalanche but not take up much room because I don't have much space.  Anybody seen this or have any opinions:

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Motorcycle-carrier-rack-Sport-bike-trailer-hayabusa_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34284QQihZ0

16QQitemZ260135944328QQrdZ1" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....8QQrdZ1</a>

"This carrier is made with the sport bike rider in mind. The item is made by GC-Manufacturing out of Oklahoma and comes with a 10 YEAR WARRANTY. The carrier has a PATENT PENDING NO WOBBLE DESIGN and comes with a FREE 41" LOADING RAMP..  Your carrier will be made with only the highest quality AMERICAN MADE STEEL and all weld are done by state certified welders. It is rated to hold up to 900lbs at any given time and the length is 75" long and 21 1/4 from the center of the hitch pin to the center of the channel. You will need 5 rachet style tie-downs when using. 2 to the handle bars, 2 to the rear frame, and 1 around the rear tire for added safety."

$339.99 plus $93.70 shipping, think I would just drive to OK to pick it up if good.  The trailers around here go for $1k and I have no storage area for it, don't want to leave it outside because it would get stolen within a week.

53_1.JPG

fa_1.JPG

Thanks,
Sharky
For you to use this to carry a Busa, your trailer hitch MUST be rated for at least 700 LBS
on the tongue weight rating, the bike is almost 560lbs wet weight + the weight of the carrier.

I have a Chevy Avalanche w/ a Class III hitch which can haul and carry plenty...I'm just worried about the stability of the bike on this thing and possible tip over, definitely a multiperson operation. I will invest in a trailer with a front wheel chock that locks...thanks guys.

Can't see the link from here. If the one you are looking at on EBAY is out of Oklahoma and the Pictures show an Avalanche with a Red/Black 05 on it, I have seen it. It works. I wouldn't do it but it works. The one in the picture belonged to RocketmanOKC on the board. The guy building them sells them on EBAY. He has since gone to a trailer and bigger truck and sold the carrier. It was listed in the for sale section here once.

(razorshark @ Jul. 11 2007,14:41) I have a Chevy Avalanche w/ a Class III hitch which can haul and carry plenty...I'm just worried about the stability of the bike on this thing and possible tip over, definitely a multiperson operation.  I will invest in a trailer with a front wheel chock that locks...thanks guys.
Class III is only rated for 500lb tongue weight
wink.gif
so if you want to put your almost 560lb bike on there
SHOCKED.gif

(BA BUSA @ Jul. 11 2007,14:55)
(razorshark @ Jul. 11 2007,14:41) I have a Chevy Avalanche w/ a Class III hitch which can haul and carry plenty...I'm just worried about the stability of the bike on this thing and possible tip over, definitely a multiperson operation.  I will invest in a trailer with a front wheel chock that locks...thanks guys.
wink.gif
SHOCKED.gif
well piss on my cornflakes...I wasn't really going to buy this anyway, just wanted someone to get it out of my head, thanks!
iamwithstupid.gif

(razorshark @ Jul. 11 2007,15:19)
(BA BUSA @ Jul. 11 2007,14:55)
wink.gif
SHOCKED.gif
well piss on my cornflakes...I wasn't really going to buy this anyway, just wanted someone to get it out of my head, thanks!  
iamwithstupid.gif
Just wanted you to make sure your hitch would handle it....I was thinking of making one myself.

I have a trailer already and have the skills and equipment to make the carrier (not the time thou right now) my hitch is rated for 1250lbs class V

post_8_47455_BA_Busas_rig.jpg

for the price, you really can't go wrong,
try it out.  Hell, even if you can find a bud to reinforce it
with some steel in places or mod it slightly to make yourself feel motre confident, it's still cheap and you don't have to register it every single year.

hooken used one behind his denali for a few years... from iowa to the dragon and back a few times. No issues loading or anything.

I too have to find a solution for hauling mine, time to own rather than keep bummin trailer space
beerchug.gif

Back