Hayabusa Meaning

It means, EVERYTHING ELSE taste like Chicken
laugh.gif

(jerry chabino @ Jul. 25 2007,12:22) Scar,

Many thanks.

Jerry
My sincere pleasure.

Glad to oblige.

'course that's the technical, literal translation.

I do very much like DaCol.'s version, as well.

Rock on!

Busa_Road_Trip_8.jpg

It's to confirm the ability of just how fast you can go... when I start talking about 9 sec quarters and 180 mph they look at me like I'm full of bs. Then they overhear "Hayabusa" and it puts everything in perspective.

Seriously, the Peregrine Falcon is known to feed on blackbirds (sorry Honda). I've know a few to eat a few Ninja as well.

Usually it means Peregrine falcon. The term hayabusa is the Japanese term for falcon, as as such it can have modifiers to mean red-tailed falcon, black footed falcon, or any other falcon common in Japan. When used in the singularsense as 'Hayabusa' or 'the Hayabusa' (capital H not small h) it is understood to specifically mean the Peregrine falcon, and not one of the other Japanese falcons.

(SnapAttack @ Aug. 03 2007,11:50) Seriously, the Peregrine Falcon is known to feed on blackbirds (sorry Honda). I've know a few to eat a few Ninja as well.
You are correct about the reference to blackbirds.

For awhile, Honda's Blackbird ruled the road. Suzuki came up with a new bike to overthrow Honda's offering. They intentionally named it the "Hayabusa" which translates to the falcon (a bird). A falcon that is known to eat blackbirds.
tounge.gif

Not a coincidence......
laugh.gif

Honda got what it gave ;) I remember (as some of you all no doubt do as well) the Honda ads in the late 80's that stated "Even the Ninja must bow before the Hurricane" When the Hurricane 1000 came out. If someone knew of a giant squid that ate falcons that would be the name of the next big thing :lol:

Ya the literal meaning is (falcon) but as I have found out
my definition of Hayabusa is "HANG ON"............

Hayabusa is the noise that comes out of your mouth when something goes by you SO FAST that it sucks the wind out of your lungs.
bowdown.gif

Back