Hayabusa...

Perigrine Falcon
The Black Bird Killer
super.gif

Hayabusa means "falcon" in Japanese see picture above. To me in English it means "Adrenalin Rush"
race.gif

<!--EDIT|Fugly
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144325835 -->

From a friend that Google'd it...
smile.gif

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'></span><span style='color:blue'></span><span style='font-family:papyrus'>"According to a Japanese colleague, the Japanese writing on the fairing is pronounced hayato or hayabusa.  Regardless of the pronunciation the symbol has a meaning approximating to strong and fast.

Based on many sources I have ascertained the following historical information about the Hayabusa. The name as you may have not heard comes from the Japanese Peregrine falcon. It is one of the few animals which can travel at about 300km per hour (in a dive). The designer apparently came up with the name whilst walking along the beach and seeing this bird. The colour scheme of gold/bronze and silver are similar to those of the falcon its self.
Believe of not - it is said that this falcon often hunts actual Blackbirds...

Having done further research, the 'Japanese Very Fast Train' which travels at about the same speeds is also called the Hayabusa. I think this was this pre-dates the Suzuki use of the Hayabusa term.

*I have recently been informed that the term Hayabusa was also used to name a WWII Japanese aircraft. Designated the KI-43 it was built by the Nakajima conglomerate and was classed a fighter. This was apparently the first use of bird names for aircraft."</span>

<!--EDIT|VaBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144330120 -->

From a friend that Google'd it...
smile.gif

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'></span><span style='color:blue'></span><span style='font-family:papyrus'>"According to a Japanese colleague, the Japanese writing on the fairing is pronounced hayato or hayabusa.  Regardless of the pronunciation the symbol has a meaning approximating to strong and fast.

Based on many sources I have ascertained the following historical information about the Hayabusa. The name as you may have not heard comes from the Japanese Peregrine falcon. It is one of the few animals which can travel at about 300km per hour (in a dive). The designer apparently came up with the name whilst walking along the beach and seeing this bird. The colour scheme of gold/bronze and silver are similar to those of the falcon its self.

Having done further research, the 'Japanese Very Fast Train' which travels at about the same speeds is also called the Hayabusa. I think this was this pre-dates the Suzuki use of the Hayabusa term.

*I have recently been informed that the term Hayabusa was also used to name a WWII Japanese aircraft. Designated the KI-43 it was built by the Nakajima conglomerate and was classed a fighter. This was apparently the first use of bird names for aircraft."</span>
don't forget the space probe and the Japanese wrestler also
laugh.gif

I was under the impression that they named it this because in Japan, its the only bird that can kill the Blackbird. Named it this to challenge Honda to a top speed shootout. At the time of the first Busa the Blackbird was the fastest bike on the street. Unfortunately Honda didn't take the challenge and quit making the Blackbird. So, in came Kawasucki with the 12 to try and challenge the almighty Busa.

I was under the impression that they named it this because in Japan, its the only bird that can kill the Blackbird. Named it this to challenge Honda to a top speed shootout.  At the time of the first Busa the Blackbird was the fastest bike on the street.  Unfortunately Honda didn't take the challenge and quit making the Blackbird.  So, in came Kawasucki with the 12 to try and challenge the almighty Busa.
But the busa is and always will be the reigning champ!!!!

Busa all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
super.gif

Hayabusa @ Wikipedia Says:

The Suzuki GSX1300R, also known as the Hayabusa, is a hypersport motorcycle made by Suzuki. It has a 1299 cc inline-4 engine typically rated between 150 and 180 bhp (110 to 132 kW), and was consistently tested as the quickest and fastest production motorcycle in the world circa 2000 (see Cycleworld June 2000, Performance Bikes June 2000, Sportbike Magazine June 2000, Motorcyclist Magazine June 2000, Bikenet Online, Bike Magazine - UK, May 2000, and others around the world).

When introduced for the 1999 model year, the Hayabusa was an unadulterated speed machine. This edge has been dulled only a little in subsequent model years (2001 and later) by an electronic speed limiter when the major Japanese motorcycle manufacturers realized that the power and speed wars among flagship sportbikes would not end and would eventually lead to increased government regulation, an unfavorable public image (due to more fatal accidents or higher insurance premiums), or both. The top speed of all Hayabusa motorcycles since then has been limited by the onboard computer to 300 km/h (186 mph).

A stock Hayabusa (with a professional rider) will run a sub-10 second quarter mile with trap speeds approaching 150 mph (240 km/h). Many top speed enthusiasts modify the motorcycle with turbochargers, and turbocharged Hayabusas hold many top speed records, including the FIM 1350cc world record of 252.832 mph (406.894 km/h). This is the fastest timed average (two way) anywhere in the world for an open wheel motorcycle, and the fastest AMA US record for an open wheel bike. During the record pass the onboard GPS recorded 261 mph (420 km/h) as a top measured speed.

The name Hayabusa comes from the Japanese name for the Peregrine Falcon, known for its speed. Many also consider it something of a joke at the expense of the Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird, which was prior to the Hayabusa the fastest production motorcycle: the Peregrine Falcon is a predator of the common blackbird.

Subsequently, bikes were released to challenge the Hayabusa, including the BMW K1200S and the Kawasaki ZX12R. However, due to the voluntarily imposed speed limiters, these models were unable to challenge the original 1999 Hayabusa's claim to the highest production motorcycle top speed in history.

I was under the impression that they named it this because in Japan, its the only bird that can kill the Blackbird. Named it this to challenge Honda to a top speed shootout.  At the time of the first Busa the Blackbird was the fastest bike on the street.  Unfortunately Honda didn't take the challenge and quit making the Blackbird.  So, in came Kawasucki with the 12 to try and challenge the almighty Busa.

super.gif
So the next version of the Hayabusa will be…...What Japanese predator eats Kawasucki?

rock.gif
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

super.gif
So the next version of the Hayabusa will be…...What Japanese predator eats Kawasucki?

rock.gif

biggrin.gif

laugh.gif
The 14 is a Ninja, so the new Zuk will be called the Samurai

Back