hayabusa 07 with 09 exhaust

raulitohaya

Registered
hayabusa 2007 upgrade with 2009 exhaust

IMG00137-20100910-1802.jpg

pi[pas 005.jpg

upgrade?? In what way ??? I think the mufflers from the 09 are even heavier than the original Gen 1 pipes. :dunno: myself

if they were shortened about 6-8 inches i think they'd look better. but it's a cool mod, the color definitely goes with your bike. pretty sweet bro. what part of o town are you in, i lived there for a couple years

did they bolt right up? whats needed to make gen II exhausts fit a gen I

Gen 1 and 2 mufflers are interchangable(stock and aftermarket "bolt on" types), but they must be switched side to side. So gen1 mufflers work on a gen2, only the left gen1 bolts to the right gen2, and vice versa, the bolt patterns on the midpipes between the gen1 and 2 are the mirror images of each other.
I have gen1 Akrapovic cf mufflers on my gen2(Akrapovic decal is now on the insides) The midpipes are not interchangeable. Big E had a post on this a while back if you search. The headers have a differnce in shape as they pass under the oil pans if you switch them from one gen to the other also. The end pipes of the header also come out at a slightly different angle where they bolt to the midpipes.
Pm Dehning, he had stock gen 2 mufflers on his gen1, but he had to do some modifications. He can tell you how.

Gen 1 and 2 mufflers are interchangable(stock and aftermarket "bolt on" types), but they must be switched side to side. So gen1 mufflers work on a gen2, only the left gen1 bolts to the right gen2, and vice versa, the bolt patterns on the midpipes between the gen1 and 2 are the mirror images of each other.
I have gen1 Akrapovic cf mufflers on my gen2(Akrapovic decal is now on the insides) The midpipes are not interchangeable. Big E had a post on this a while back if you search. The headers have a differnce in shape as they pass under the oil pans if you switch them from one gen to the other also. The end pipes of the header also come out at a slightly different angle where they bolt to the midpipes.
Pm Dehning, he had stock gen 2 mufflers on his gen1, but he had to do some modifications. He can tell you how.

Um, not quite... you can not swap the sides of the OEM GEN II mufflers because of the orientation of the mounting tab.

Um, not quite... you can not swap the sides of the OEM GEN II mufflers because of the orientation of the mounting tab.

I know, that's not quite what I meant. It was all sounding too confusing as it was:laugh: Aftermarket from either gen will work on the other, just switch which side they mount on. And yes, this is assuming you have a sliding hanger with an aftermarket muffler. You are correct to point out how either stocker has the mounting hole permanently mounted, unless cut and welded, and the gen2 is not centered.
My appologies for not being clear enough.

I can promise you that every slipon will work on gen II or gen I, threust me I used to switch the stockers, yoshi R-22 Blings, hotbodies and arrows between the two bikes (07 and 10)
only catch: in the gen 1 Header the flanges have the spacer, while on the gen II the spacers are in the midpipes.. just take the spacers off the gen two midpipes and it will fit on gen I and vice versa add the spacers to the gen I and it will fit the gen II. \
there is no need to swithc the orintation of the cans...

Back