Haven't checked in for awhile, miss you guys...

Busa_05

Busa Legend
Donating Member
Registered
Hey all, I haven't checked in for awhile. All kinds of new faces, well monikers anyway. Not too many are familiar anymore.

Looks like my family and I may have the opportunity to move from Wisconsin to Arizona after all. I have an interview in Bisbee, AZ coming up in February, and my wife has pretty much her pick of jobs teaching in the special ed field down there. Bisbee wouldn't be too far from my dad, who moved back to New Mexico years ago. On the other hand, I may have the opportunity to pick up a training cooridinator position, traveling around the state training DAAT to our various regions. I would stay working out of the same office I'm in now, which would be nice. The stipends are nice, from I hear, and I could take the Bus during the warmer months, otherwise I get my own car...I think...
rock.gif

I don't know which way to go. My two girls that are in school don't want to leave, and to be honest, the school is awesome. Our neighborhood is nice and mostly quiet, I'm secure in the job I have, my wife could get a job in one of the local schools easy...but I'm friggin' bored! I need something new, something in the same field, yet slightly different, and I miss the desert: the smells, the heat, being able to ride pretty much year round without having to put on umpteen layers to stay warm and avoid frost bite...and possibly death
smile.gif

I'm thinking of sticking around if I am able to take the DAAT Coordinator position. Maybe traveling the state and training would be that "something slightly different" that I need.

Advice, anyone? I can't trust my partner or the other fellas for advice...they all want me to stay and give skewed advice.

I dunno. Just thought I'd post up with what's been going on.

Hope everyone's been well.

J

With a family, its kinda a family decision. Obviously the decision is really to be made by you and your wife with a little input from the kids. Talk it over with her and make sure you tell her what you want, but having a family has its rewards and drawbacks.

Good luck
biggrin.gif

Glad you're back around!
cool.gif

changes are nice but ya have to weigh the good and the bad think of everyone's well being and if they are happy where they are as well as how they will adapt to the new suroundings. ruff decision
wink.gif

I know it's a tough decision to make having kids and all. Kids are resiliant though and will do fine. Talk to your wife and make a decision between the two of you. Feeling stuck can only create other problems down the road.

Been a while Jason
sad.gif
Good to hear from you though
cool.gif

You'll have to make the decision on what best for you AND your family. I know I wouldn't miss these winters at all, but there's more to it than that. I've seen the town you live in, and I can honestly say that it's charming, clean, and looks like a great place to raise a family. Of course, I'm sure Arizone has it's advantages also...like riding dam near year round.

Don't rush into a decision that you might regret later. I did that when I moved up here, and although it has worked out pretty well, I still wish I had stayed in Charleston, SC. Maily due to the winters.

Good luck Jason...I hope the whatever you decide turns out to be the best
wink.gif

'05, yer a smart bastid...what are you askin' us for?

Some of us couldn't find our own butts...with both hands.

Been a while Jason
sad.gif
 Good to hear from you though
cool.gif

You'll have to make the decision on what best for you AND your family.  I know I wouldn't miss these winters at all, but there's more to it than that.  I've seen the town you live in, and I can honestly say that it's charming, clean, and looks like a great place to raise a family.  Of course, I'm sure Arizone has it's advantages also...like riding dam near year round.

Don't rush into a decision that you might regret later.  I did that when I moved up here, and although it has worked out pretty well, I still wish I had stayed in Charleston, SC.  Maily due to the winters.

Good luck Jason...I hope the whatever you decide turns out to be the best
wink.gif
Hey, Jim.
smile.gif

Yeah, it's the winters that really kill me. I'm not into snowmachines and I don't care for the cold much. Lori really wants to go. She's not happy unless it's like a hundred degrees outside, but she's got the same thoughts as me, as far as wavering.

I guess I'll sit on it for a bit more, see how things play out. I don't think it'll hurt to go for the interview and see what happens. If I get a job offer then we'll talk more, I guess.

Hope we get together again for a track day or two this season Jim.
smile.gif

smile.gif

Thanks for the input guys. I appreciate it.
smile.gif

Sir Charles....where's the '06 Moto GP line up? Or did I miss it.
smile.gif

J

smile.gif

Back