Has anyone used copart before?

STevoVIII

Registered
Hello org-sters,

I've recently started the long endeavor of building my own little drag bike in recent months. I've got a good base and some nice progress so far, but it's about time to start looking for a motor to put into my overkill chassis. That brings about the question: where to find one?

I've been doing a lot of searching and copart keeps coming to mind. Buying a wrecked second generation bike would allow me to have access to a lot of random parts that I need as well as a motor.

If anyone has any input into Copart or Manheim please chime in. Also, If anyone has any input on finding a wrecked gen II busa I'd be greatly appreciative. I've could probably accommodate up to $3500 possibly more for something with a sound motor, wiring harness, ecu and a few other bits. Plus, having spares around the garage is never a bad thing.

I strongly value the opinion of fellow org members and you guys have made made owning (now on my 3rd, 1 street/strip, 1 touring, 1 shortnecked drag chassis) hayabusas a great experience! :beerchug:

Thank you everyone in advance, from a poor college student with a need for speed,

Stephen Roberts

my buddy has purchased 2 trucks and 1 car from there. he has positive experiences with co-part

One of the places I'll be watching for a track bike next summer.
From what I understand, it's just an insurance salvage company. Kind of like an Ebay for rebuildable wrecks, and parts from non-rebuildables.

i know my son like the Top-Fuel dragster sponsered by them driven by Branden Bernstein
sorry never delt with them tho.,.

Back