Anyone have any pictures of the stator housing?

Argilbertson

Registered
Hey guys, I'm being told that during my lowside the grinding of the stator cover threw pieces into the housing and I need to have the motor rebuilt...I've been trying to find some pictures of the stator housing to see how porbable this really is, but I'm having a heck of a time finding decent pictures of this. Anyone out there happen to have a picture of the gen 1 busa with the stator cover and stator out? I'd prefer a shot dead on so I can see how easy/tough itd be to get junk into the crankcase, but anything useful is appreciated!

borrowed from org member via web...

stator1.jpg

Sorry these aren't super quality. Also, they're from a Gen II, but that shouldn't make any difference for your purpose here.

IMG_0582.jpg

IMG_0583.jpg

Lookin at these pictures, it really doesn't seem very likely that stuff would get past the stator and rotor to get into the motor at all, anyone else agree? the story just doesn't really make sense to me

There are oil passages in the cases where stuff could have gone in. I would make them figure the motor as well in the estimate.

look at the bottom of this pic I borrowed from the internet

cases.png

You should be OK. Just change the oil and filter. You might squirt some oil through those passages to flush any crap down into the pan, but I don't think much would get past the stator. Worst case, pull the oil pan?

You should be OK. Just change the oil and filter. You might squirt some oil through those passages to flush any crap down into the pan, but I don't think much would get past the stator. Worst case, pull the oil pan?

yeah, thats pretty much what I think as well, especially since I wrecked on concrete and not asphault...the road surface was relatively clean...

Back