hard to start after long ride. hesitates when first coming out the gear.

kcizzel

Registered
I have a 1999 suzuki hayabusa. It is stock as far as i know of. i have had the bike for about 2 weeks. it rode great with no problems at first. then i took a long ride stoped by the store for a snack then when i go to crank my bike it just keeps turning but not catching or cranking. i wait about 15 mins then try to crank it and it started right up. a few days later i had the same problem after a long ride, it was turning but not catching for the crank. so i had the bright idea to push start it down a hill instead of waiting 15 mins to try to crank it with the button. once i push started the hayabusa she crunk up but had a diffrent sound coming from the exhaust pipes unlike it usually have. so i take her up the street and now she is cutting back or hesitating when i first come out of the gear. but once i ride then she is back to normal. switch it to second gear give it alot of throttle and she hesitates again then she ride on out like she suppose to do. im use to giving it a lot of throttle and the front tire come up a little bit :-) can somebody help me out with these problems please?

So if I understand you correctly, after the bike is warm, if you stop it and then try to start it again, the engine turns over like it's trying to start, but it doesn't. If you wait 15 min it starts fine. If that's correct, then it sounds like the dreded vapor lock problems that some 99 and 00 model develop because the fuel pump gets hot from the engine. This is noticible especially when it is warm outside and also at higher altitudes...

that is correct. i will look into the dreaded vapor lock problem. thanks. do you or anybody have any sugestions or answers about my hesitation problem while accelerating at the beging of the gear.

I would think that it may also be related to the fuel pump / fuel delivery or dirty filters. Do you know if you have a Power Commander installed, a TRE, or some other device installed?

No I don't think I have anything installed. ill check the fuel pump and let you know how it goes. thanks.

Back