hard times

Monty Python's Flying Circus -
"Four Yorkshiremen"
from the album Live At Drury Lane, 1974

I suppose us brits are well known for comedy. It's a great sketch. Always laugh when I hear it...

I remember my grandfather making me stand next to the tv to change the channel every thirty to forty seconds. I was the first prototype for a remote control... Even after we bought a tv that had remote capabilites the cord couldn't reach his seat and he would sit with a Highball in one hand a camel in the other and just say "Channel" and I would change it... Miss the days when families spent time together.

Here's my input.
When you turned on the TV, it took about a minute before you'd get a picture, and it was black and white and fuzzy. We only had two channels in my town. I lived on a farm, so no cable if it was even available. The telephones didn't have buttons, they had dials. I still have a rotary phone here at the house and once one of my daughters friends asked to use the phone, I showed her where the phone was, she sat down and looked at it and asked "where are the buttons?"
laugh.gif

Don't forget that there also was no Air Conditioning, if it was hot out, you rode in the car with the windows open, and if at home, you played outside. We would fill the cattle's watering trough with water and sit in it to stay cool. At night you slept on top of your covers with the windows open. As I look back, it wasn't so bad, I was able to experience a part of life that people overlook everyday.

Kev

Whew.... Im only 35..... I was lucky enough to be the Gen to bridge that gap. Not only did I play pong - but I also owned every gaming system known to man.
Thank God!

Wow. I must be really old. I remember when the milk man used to deliver fresh milk in glass containers to the house. Mom really liked that. My dad always said that I never really looked like him. Hmmmmm.
laugh.gif

The wife and I took the boys to a resturant that had a bunch of 45's (records for you young folk) hanging from the ceiling. We asked them if they knew what they were. They said "CD's?".

laugh.gif

Dayum...this sure brought back a lot of memories.
cool.gif
I miss growing up.

Remember when MTV was "actually" music videos? Not just the bump/grind hip-hop crap.

Just think about what a classic radio station will be playing 20 years from now.....Scary isn't it?

Back