Harbor Freight 4x8 trailer?

Registered
HF has a 4x8 foldable trailer for $330. It's a 1200lb capacity and has 12" tires. I would use this about five times a year. Doesn't look like a bad setup with a plywood floor and tire chock.

90154.gif

HF Trailer Specs

would be a bouncy little beast with the small tires...I have a similar one with the same wheels to carry my craftsman rider on...weighs a little less than the busa, but not by much. really bouncy. to me, for a busa hauler...one with 15s is a better way to go

I have the same one.

I however put steel diamond plate on it and painted it with black non skid.

Attached a good quality chrome wheel chock and works great. The heavy diamond plate steel helps it not bounce as much.

might also check with northern tool... they have some landscape trailers for not much more with 13" wheels/tires & rear ramp (like 500-600 range North Star Trailer Sportstar I Utility Trailer Kit — 50 1/2in. x 81in. | Trailers | Northern Tool + Equipment). We put some 3/4" plywood on it and bolted it into the frame. I used that trailer to haul the busa across the country to CO, WY, SD and back, didnt pay much attention to the speed limit and never had a worry. :cool:

Just look around, I'm sure that trailer would be fine with some additional weight as Ron suggested with his. I guess the better question would be how far are you going to haul? If you are staying fairly local that would probably be just fine :beerchug:

I will also add check craigslist

I know there is a lot of controversy over it but I just picked up a 16 foot dual axel, tilt car trailer for $700.00.

I need to do a little work on it such as replace the winch and get a bottle neck jack. but I have someone who is going to do that work for me for $500.00.

I have looked around and this same trailer seems to go for about $3500.00 at least. so check craigs list

on the northern tool one? it works but a piece or two of tongue/groove plywood over it worked PERFECTLY, still works great years later. I upgraded recently so dont have to borrow that one anymore but my buddy still hauls his TL1000 regularly on it :thumbsup:

Remember to check the GVW of the trailer before purchasing it... thats the real key to it and on all of those less expensive smaller ones you will be adding re-enforcement to them most likely:thumbsup:

There's 20% off coupon on H/F stuff. Its in alot of magazines I think I saw it in American Rifleman [NRA] mag

Its a good trailer, I pulled the bike 300 miles between Beaumont and Dallas, many times. Also use it for 4 wheeling.

005sm.jpg

002sm.jpg

I do 70mph consistently for two hours at a time. No problems thus far, I just keep those bearings full of grease!

Wow, two months ago I only though I would use it five times a year. I've already taken furniture to Michigan, picked up my countertops and made multiple trips helping my sister move. This thing has paid for itself many times over. I haven't even used it to haul the bike yet!

Harbor Freight manual says to not exceed 45 mph. Anyone follows that?

Round trips were 300 miles each way. First time I kept stopping to check the temp of the bearings and they never got hot. And I was running 75 to 80 mph on I-45. So far I two years I have had no problems with it.

Funny story, in the south end of Dallas I was in slow bumper to bumper traffic a Dallas police car pulls along side the trailer with my bike on it, and both cops were looking at the bike. I rolled the window down and as they came along side of me I asked them "Whats the mater" "Never seen a bike like this going so slow"????
They loved it waved and then left.

Carry-On 4 ft. x 8 ft. Trailer, 1500 lbs. GVWR - 1000215 | Tractor Supply Company

Maybe this guy? Can't tell if it's welded. Furthest I ever would be running would be around 700 miles round trip once a year and 250 from time to time.

Deck it with D/plate or marine grade 3/4 ply and seal the plywood real well. My brother uses his alot and lkes it. He made some removeable sides and uses it for a bunch of things ie; leaves -dump trips etc.

SERVICE/GREASE WHEEL BEARINGS OFTEN- #1 fail point.

PS buy the spare for it- Murphys law if ya don't.

Back