Happy Canada Day

Bumblebee

Donating Member
Registered
To all my fellow Canucks, Happy Canada Day, hope everyone has a good day and be safe out there especially if travelling.

flag.png

Well, it's 2022 and another Canada Day.....don't know why I didn't revisit this thread the last few Canada Days...

It's a dark, dreary and rainy day out there today which kind of sets the mood this year.

I was reading where the "cancel culture" crowd were lobbying against holding Canada Day activities and where a city changed it from Canada Day to New Day....unbelievable that this would fly and the federal government wouldn't step in and sort them the "eff" out.....

It would be like a city in the US calling Independence Day something stupid...the people would burn down city hall...

One thing I will say about people in the US, they are patriotic...I wish Canadians would be more so.

flag.jpg

Well, it's 2022 and another Canada Day.....don't know why I didn't revisit this thread the last few Canada Days...

It's a dark, dreary and rainy day out there today which kind of sets the mood this year.

I was reading where the "cancel culture" crowd were lobbying against holding Canada Day activities and where a city changed it from Canada Day to New Day....unbelievable that this would fly and the federal government wouldn't step in and sort them the "eff" out.....

It would be like a city in the US calling Independence Day something stupid...the people would burn down city hall...

One thing I will say about people in the US, they are patriotic...I wish Canadians would be more so.

View attachment 1652944
I was hearing stories that Trudeau didn't want Canadian flags on the Hill today due to his PTSD from the Freedom Convoy and was instructing the RCMP to confiscate them...likely a joke but would you be surprised to find out that it was true? Living in a country where being patriotic is looked down upon by the government in power is truly Clown World, but here we are.

Canada will outlive L'il Castreau despite his best globalist efforts though so EFF him.

I enjoy Canadian musicians… Diana Krall being my favourite jazz musician, she’s fantastic!
Canada has so much history to be proud of, but here in NZ we never hear about the origins of Canada and the First Nations struggles. That’s the sad part I guess.

I enjoy Canadian musicians… Diana Krall being my favourite jazz musician, she’s fantastic!
Canada has so much history to be proud of, but here in NZ we never hear about the origins of Canada and the First Nations struggles. That’s the sad part I guess.
There are many Canadian musicians and groups along with many actors/actresses, more than many would think.

As for the struggles of the indigenous folk, much of that was brought on by themselves to a degree. We in Canada had a very different relationship with the indigenous peoples from the onset of settlers arriving here, we created treaties and there were very few military interactions with them, we traded and worked with them to open up the north.

We hear a lot about the residential schools, (my mother was in one) and she told me it was really no different than a regular school where you lived and stayed there. The catholic ones were a little rougher but even the catholic schools for any child was harsher than a public school at the time. She also said that lots of kids died from childhood diseases that there were no vaccines for....even when she wasn't in the residential school, many of her neighborhood friends died from these diseases.

Our government has given the indigenous bands the tools and finances to help themselves but frankly they don't and many of their leaders squander the money away and live like kings and queens while the average member lives in a shack. If the government steps in to correct this, it is deemed an overreach and the band leaders do anything and everything to get them out of there.

The media will depict a woe-begotten poor down-trodden indigenous person, in reality they have more opportunities to excel than any other Canadian if they applied themselves. All this is courtesy of the tax-payer-many of whom are first generation Canadians...

I am a Metis and hold a government issued indigenous card, I don't even know where that card is and I have never used it for any sort of tax break or benefit (of which there are many....and I mean many).

View attachment 1652944

They already have everyone here saying ‘Happy 4th’ instead of ‘Independence Day’ as they do not want our kids being raised to remember what the day really commemorates. No different than all the idiots shooting off fireworks and ‘celebrating’ on Memorial Day. Dumbing down of society so they can be more easily controlled.
Hang in there. Hopefully both our countries will get thru it.

Back