153 years old today...wahooooo

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Canaduh is 153 today. Happy Canada Day to all my Canuck bastids.
Now get out there and get drunk in the middle of the week.:beerchug:

Don't forget later you'll have to hold somebody near the toilet...

drink.gif

Rubb.

flag.gif

So why is Canada such a kick-ass country to be a citizen in?
  1. There are a great variety of seasons throughout the year (cold, colder, and feckin' FREEEEZING!)
  2. Canadian universities are world-renowned for quality education and cheap tuition fees thanks to tax payer funded subsidies.
  3. Canada has a great, world-wide reputation with other countries (not withstanding the Trudeau cabal)
  4. Canadians invented Hockey and have some of the best athletes in the sport (apart from other countries that excel at hockey)
  5. There are over 2 million Canadian patents, which includes major inventions like the telephone, cable television, maple syrup, anti-freeze, snow making machines, snow freeze deserts, ice blocks, igloos, ice hotels, ice cream, cramp on footwear, snow tyres, house insulation systems, de-icing systems on aircraft wings, studded tyres, ice speedway, and insulin
  6. Canada has a low(ish) crime rate (criminals hate ice and snow, their tracks are too easy to see) except in Victoria, around the Gorge Rd area where they appear to flourish in great colonies!
  7. Canadians are polite, courteous and easy to talk to, but please don't be put off by the Rubb, he means well and has a good heart!!
  8. Canada has one of the top education systems in the world as we have already said in point No. 2.
  9. The government (tax-payer) pays for healthcare and medicine. In other words, no hospital bills! Just like New Zealand does, all paid for by the tax payer,
  10. Canada has many nice and clean cities that lead the world in quality of life: Vancouver (1), Toronto (3), Montreal (15). (notice Victoria is not included)
  11. Canada is a peaceful nation and is at peace with many countries except all the countries it has sent troops to lately and all the conflicts they have been involved in such as in the Korean War, the Gulf War, the Kosovo War, and the Afghan war.
  12. Canada has more clean water than any other nation because it rains and snows 364 days a year.
  13. Canada is a free and democratic society run by a Marxist dictator at present.
  14. Hockey is Canada, Canada is hockey! but rugby is the sport they really wanted but it was already taken by New Zealand and Australia much to their chagrin.
  15. There's a lot of famous Canadians from Pamela Anderson to Mike Myers and Jim Carrey, Diana Krall, Tommy Chong, Michael J Fox, Keanu Reeves, William Shatner, Neil Young and many more. Oh yeah, the Trudeau family too.
  16. Canada has lots of world-renown Ski Resorts because it snows a lot. A LOT! Did I mention it snows a lot in Canaduh? Yeah well it does . . A LOT!!
  17. The Canadian economy is living up to most of its potential of all the G7 nations, in other words it's PM is happy to pay billions of tax payer dollars to the UN and other corrupt organizations.
  18. Canadian students rank higher than American students in Math, Science and English . . . whoop de doo!
  19. 1/3 of Microsoft programmers come from the University of Waterloo in Canada, never would have guessed that eh?
  20. Titanic, written, directed and produced by a Canadian- James Cameron and sunk by an iceberg in the Atlantic.
  21. Canada receives more immigrants per capita than the U.S. (almost twice as much) thanks to the UN Globalists that demand immigration to all the Commonwealth countries
  22. Canada among most popular tourist destinations in the world, can't argue with that.
So there ya go, Canada Day is a day to celebrate!

But New Zealand is sooooooooo under rated and insignificant in the grand scheme of things but I'd rather be a KIwi any day :thumbsup:

Happy Canada Day to all my fellow Canadians....

And @Kiwi Rider , you must set up a visit say anytime in June, July or August when it is well over 100'F, snow is far from our minds.

We also can't forget all the movies filmed here in Canada (BC is Hollywood North), all the great singers and groups which come from Canada-that list is long.

We fought in almost every war and conflict, Boer War, WW!, WW2 (had the 3rd largest navy), Korea, Viet Nam, Cyprus, Golan Heights, Gulf War, Kosovo, Bosnia, Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria. and always hit well above our weight class. We are small but have had the USA's back through them all...

We are also the world leader on camouflage testing.

So why is Canada such a kick-ass country to be a citizen in?

1. Canada has a low(ish) crime rate (criminals hate ice and snow, their tracks are too easy to see) except in Victoria, around the Gorge Rd area where they appear to flourish in great colonies! YUP,The "HOOD"
  2. Canadians are polite, courteous and easy to talk to, but please don't be put off by the Rubb, he means well and has a good heart!!
  3. 1622150

Rubb.

A lot of good points there. Go I don't need the government telling me how to take care of myself, your tax rate is ridiculous, I've heard really bad rumors from friends and Canada about not being able to get in for said paid for healthcare. I do love fishing up there. And almost every actor on that list you mentioned you can keep! They're good at acting but they're terrible people!

We also have Dan Ackroyd, the late John Candy, Donald and Keifer Sutherland, Christopher Plummer, Leslie Neilson, Catherine O'Hara, Matt Perry, Lorne Green, Glenn Ford and the list goes on and on..

We have lots of bands, The Guess Who, Rush, Chilliwack, Lover Boy, The Tragically Hip, April Wine, Steppenwolf, Great Big Sea, Bachman Turner Overdrive, and the list goes on and on....

After being around the world a few times and spending lots of time in the 'States, there's no place else I'd want to live other than Canada.

A lot of good points there. Go I don't need the government telling me how to take care of myself, your tax rate is ridiculous, I've heard really bad rumors from friends and Canada about not being able to get in for said paid for healthcare. I do love fishing up there. And almost every actor on that list you mentioned you can keep! They're good at acting but they're terrible people!
We have a lot of programs other countries don't. Those things have to be paid for.We spend on lots of different things,the welfare system for instance. Next to nothing on military unlike some countries.

Getting surgery? Homeless dude that hangs out in the hood,stands in front of the liquor store. He has a major heart attack,just about dies on the sidewalk,couple days later he gets quadruple open heart by-pass surgery.Couple weeks later he walks outa the hospital owing ZERO $$$.
Good country,bad country,I dunno...don't really give a fug actually.
Rubb.

I've had lot's of surgeries.Some of them emergency. Health care plan covered it all except for $80.oo bucks. (why they do not cover emergency ambulance rides I do not know) I'm guessing a ride in a WhamBulance with 2 advanced acute care techs,cost of vehicle,fuel/maintenace,blah blah blah costs more than 80 bucks. Who knows.An ex-wife had an emergency helicopter ride...cost a bit more...120 bucks. :laugh:
Rubb.

Gotta agree - taxes are not the greatest but I definitely don’t mind less fighter jets and battleships if it equates to free health care and reasonable education costs.... We had 3 daughters, one by emergency C-section and I got stuck with a massive bill of................. $38 - for parking.
Oldest daughter is going through University for a Vet and tuition is coming in around $74,000 TOTAL for the entire 8 year course. After working summers and paying tuition she figures she’ll graduate in a couple years with no debt and around $60k in the bank.

Gotta agree - taxes are not the greatest but I definitely don’t mind less fighter jets and battleships if it equates to free health care and reasonable education costs.... We had 3 daughters, one by emergency C-section and I got stuck with a massive bill of................. $38 - for parking.
Oldest daughter is going through University for a Vet and tuition is coming in around $74,000 TOTAL for the entire 8 year course. After working summers and paying tuition she figures she’ll graduate in a couple years with no debt and around $60k in the bank.
SWEET,right.:thumbsup: Parking at B.C. hospitals is privately run. Not a Gubb'ment cash grab. It's a private sector,capitalism at it's finest....cash grab.:laugh:
74 K for an' awesome degree...cool. Try that some place else on the planet. There are actually better deals in a few countries...but its a crushing financial blow in most others.
GO CANADUH.
Rubb.

Unless you live on your own island in the middle of nowhere, you will always have a government telling you how to live...

Back