Handlebar / Risers - B-King

DDT

Registered
Hi All,
Has anyone replaced the handlebars on a B-King. I bought mine and it has a set of aftermarket handle bars on that are "almost" the same size as stock. But the bend where the brake/clutch levers mount are a few millimeters further outboard. This makes the levers not parallel with the grips by a little bit.

My choice is to buy OME suzuki parts and just put stock handlebars on. Or a nice set of aluminum bars would be nice. Most of the aftermarket handle bars are a little wider.

I wouldn't mind 25-35mm (1 to 1.5 inches) higher. 29in wide bars wouldnt be bad either. (29" are easier to find than 27.5").

Has anyone put on higher/wider handle bars? How about bar risers? How much extra length is there in throttle cables, (brake clutch lines can be replaced) and the wiring?

Any experience of what fits?

You can go an inch and a half higher on the stock Bking lines, I remember it from the old suzukibking.org site.
I never raised the bars on my Bking, but the lines do have a little slack, as do the Busa's.

Dimensions in right column are in mm's.
The bars below are for a Yamaha Raptor 700 atv, but work on anything with a 7/8" bar clamp.
Use it's dimension as a reference.
You can use a metal coat hanger to bend to a certain size, to hold over the top clamp, to give yourself a reference of what size bars that you want.
You can also measure what you have, so you know what size changes that you want, then search for a bar that size.
If you want 1 1/8 Fatbars, you'll need the adapter/riser for them.
Fatbars are measured the same as well.

Screenshot_20201204-104640_Chrome.jpg

handlebar-sizes-700x700.jpg

Last edited:
Did you have to put risers on those?

They seem to be lower than stock from what I can research
I forget which one I had, but it was up and back from stock. Now I'm running a carbon fiber bar from Magical racing that is really nice, but it's a fat bar so you need different risers.

Can also do something like this:

I forget which one I had, but it was up and back from stock. Now I'm running a carbon fiber bar from Magical racing that is really nice, but it's a fat bar so you need different risers.
Where did you find the Magical Racing bars?

The driven racing look pretty close to stock. A little lower, and a little wider.. but not much.

What does everyone use for bar ends on carbon handlebars...

What i dont like about the driven is carbon wrapped aluminum instead of all carbon... but that likely helps with vibration damping (two materials have different resonance frequencies).

I found some nice German risers that are "fat bar" and may have to swing by next week and buy them to put in my luggage if i go that route..

I have some old Sato bar ends in my carbon bars. No need for heavy ones or anything since they dampen the vibration really well.

Talk to www.spieglerusa.com
about their bar-ends, or any of their bars or risers.
I have bought from them several times(again today too), and they are very knowledgeable and helpful.

Hello all, apologies for reviving an old thread. I have a question as a friend of mine is looking to make a modification to his Hayabusa. Is there a way to install a Harley handlebar onto the Hayabusa?

Yep, it's easy.
Buy an ABM top clamp.
Buy whatever size handlebars that you want.
Measure for and buy custom length stainless steel brake lines.
Cut, extend, solder, and shrink wrap the wires in both switch wiring harnesses.
And that's it, I've seen it done a few times.

Back