Had a Good Day

bronc3

Registered
Got to make 10 test & tune passes and went to the final round in the street bike class somehow. It was a little chilly today, but we had a lot of fun.

Moroso_011506_001.jpg

so how did you do anyway? what kind of times did you run?

cool.gif
looks like fun. How chilly was it?
LOL it must have been 65!
laugh.gif
jump9.gif
Actually it was in the 40's. My times were too embarrassing to mention, couldn't launch the bike, but I did make it to the final. Apparently the other riders thought I was sandbagging. I told them I was just a rookie out to have some fun but they didn't believe me. The guy that put me on the trailer was sharp, with a badassed GSXR 1K. Everyone I met was great, they were very encouraging.

thats cool! glad you had fun! I'm still working on getting the gear and the nads to go out to the 1/8 mile we have here and see what i can do....i'm all stock though except for lowering the rear a bit...

Only things done to mine are a pipe, Power Commander, air filter, and the rear is raised for the twisties. It was impossible to keep the front end down, it carried it well into third gear. Gotta have a clutch to launch on traction compound. It was still a lot of fun and almost won a few bucks.

The guy that spanked you was William on a K3 Silver slammed and stretched GSXR1000.

The guy is really cool and known as one of the track rats that practically LIVE there. No shame in it... he whooped me too!

Best pass with my 12 was 10.18@140.7....w/ a 1.78 60'

Just a piped,pc3,bmc with me (at the time) 250+lb's suited.

Takes some practice... My first time out I was going 10.8's

second time out I was doing 10.5's

third time out I was going 10.3's

4th time out I was in the 10.1's

5th time out I highsided on my second pass. =(

9.9's are well within my grasps... just need more practice.

I believe it took William 6 months of consistant track time to get his K3 into the 9's.

Don't get discouraged.... everyone is slow at first, nobody comes out and runs 9's on the first time at the strip.

One thing you learned first hand, you nor any of your friends are nearly as fast as you once thought you were. It's almost funny to look at the magical magazine numbers when that guy in the little white wooden shack hands you an 11 second time slip.

btw... what was William running?

Back