Had a get off today.

Big Bo

Registered
Heading to work this morning on a two lane hwy and traffic STOPPED. There was a large truck that had its tail lights down by the bumper, a welding truck and me. I could not see the brake lights of the large truck, I saw the welding truck swaying back and forth. I got on the brakes, down shifting, the bike was going side to side, and about 5ft from the welding truck at about 15 mph off to the right I went. I remember springing up and seeing my bike on its side. I ride a Bandit 1200. I walked over and picked it up. People had stopped to help. There was a car that looked like the truck had hit it.

Damn field workers stop is the middle of the hwy, make turns, and pull out in front of traffic.

What happened did not set in until later. I walked away, It could have been lots worse.

I am glad it was not. I was being watched over. :please:

Still don't like to see anyone going down in any way. Glad this worked out minimally for you. :beerchug:

A relief to know that you're 'ok'.

Sorry, Bo. Tough way to start the day; but it sounds like you've got your head screwed on right about it.

Hate to see your baby on it's side... ugly feeling. I always watch my buddies sprint back to their bikes and pick them up quickly out of adrenaline rush. I watched a busa suffer a second fall from a pickup that went wrong. Glad to hear you're ok, maybe this will keep you safe, I know close calls keep me behaving well:whistle:

You can always fix the bike. That is the first lesson my dad taught when teaching me to ride. Glad to hear you are okay.

Ya glad your okay sliding under trucks with all that stuff hanging down is not good for us. :thumbsup:

Glad to heâr you were able to walk away from it. It's awesome to know He is watching over us!
Posted via Mobile Device

when you think your ride is safe and smooth, these things come when u least expect! glad you alright! hope bike not too much damage!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the support guys. bike has fairing damage, rear tail damage, and the right brake lever is bent. Ordered anothe brake lever. The engine guards paid for themselves. I need some paint work, and get the lever on and I will be good to go.

Called the wife and told her about the accident yesterday. I was expecting her to be pissed! As she does not really like me on the bike. She asked if the bike is badly damaged? I said not too bad, she asked how are you? Told her I am OK.

Got home from work and the kids (16 and 19) come running out of the house to check me and the bike. :beerchug:

Thanks for the support guys. bike has fairing damage, rear tail damage, and the right brake lever is bent. Ordered anothe brake lever. The engine guards paid for themselves. I need some paint work, and get the lever on and I will be good to go.

Called the wife and told her about the accident yesterday. I was expecting her to be pissed! As she does not really like me on the bike. She asked if the bike is badly damaged? I said not too bad, she asked how are you? Told her I am OK.

Got home from work and the kids (16 and 19) come running out of the house to check me and the bike. :beerchug:

That's what it's all about right there :thumbsup: Glad your were not injured.

Back