Gumout Xtra Fuel InJ Cleaner

It's been about six weeks since I serviced the fuel systom. ( Fuel Screens petcock etc.)After months of the motor cutting out at high speed and under load, plus the usual hic-cup around 3000rpm I have to say the bike is running flawless!
The slight hesitation, stutter, was still there after the service but decided that was probably something that I had to live with -seeing I have noticed a lot of owners on this forum experiencing the same thing.
Until one day a few weeks ago I was looking at the screens and petcock strainer that I had removed from my bike. They were clogged with a flacky brown substance and could not even shine a light thru them.
For the heck of it, I tried scrubbing the screens with a toothbrush,gas,airgun,brake cleaner, and gun scrubber nothing worked.
I then took the screens and put them in a bowl filled with Gumout Xtra Fuel Inj cleaner and let sit for a few days.
I looked at the bowl and could see it had turned murkey gray/brown.
When I took out the screens I was amazed to see they not only looked like new they looked better then the replacement screens I put in the bike,,,,They looked like someone polished the brass!
I then decided to give this a try running thru the bike.
It says to use 12oz for about 21 gallons of gas.
So as you can figure I broke the bottle down four ways and am now on my four tank of gas.
The hesitation and hic-up is completely gone.
No stumble what so ever.
It is so smooth running up thru the gears it feels like a electric rocket!
Just thought I would pass this info on to the forum and Good Luck!!

I picked my bike up from Ramsey Suzuki Fri after having 108,109, and the timing chain tensioner done Chris said I had some brown stuff in the screens and filter that he said looked like **** I try to use one brand of gas and stay away from old stations runs better but still lopes alittle will try some gum out Thanks

I was going to try that but I did'nt like the
idea of using F.I. cleaner on a new bike, but
hey if it gets rid of that stumble (mine is around 3000 rpm's) it's worth a try. Not to mention the cut out. Thanks for the info I'm
going to try it.

STP F/I cleaner will bo this instantly. I had sticky build up in the throttle bodies (near the butterflys) that Gumout would not touch. STP just eats it away very quickly.

Been using Amsoil fuel injector cleaner since the fuel injector thing. Don't know if its helping or not but it runs great and I get some awsome 2nd gear wheelies :)

Back