guild lines for proper motor cycle conduct

OB_maui

Registered
Bikes have a bad reputation. This is partially due to the conduct of a few riders. Here are some guide lines that might help.

Always obey posted traffic signs.
Be polite to other motorist.
Use you turn indicators while changing lanes.
Yield to all pedestrians.
Never take unnecessary risks.
Avoid over reviving your engine in residential areas.
Never ride on the sidewalk.
Never wheelie your bike.
Under no circumstance should you do burn outs.
And finally, ride it like you stole it. (duh, did you think I was serious)

[This message has been edited by maui (edited 14 September 1999).]

Well poop if ya gotta abide by all that then................might as well sell the mutha..........whats left LOL...Boss

MAUI, Your guidelines are excellent. But you may have overlooked a few others that we gentlemen on motorcycles should always practise and live by.

-Wait at least .03 seconds before laying on horn when a cage hestitates at green light.

-Stay below 9000 rpm in hospital zones.

-Never place your feet on the ground at a stop sign, there may be germs.

-Keep front tire in constant contact with pavement except when riding.

-Always take the time to ask the drivers of police cars that are stopped beside the road if there's anything you can do help. Lend them some of your own gas if that is their problem.

-Give a friendly wave to passing ambulances, especially those with many flashing lights.

-Confine your naked riding to the evening hours.

-Roadkill items caught in your fenders, radiator or other bike locations should be turned in to police headquarters for proper identification of the victim(s).

-Don't forget that passengers in low flying aircraft are readily entertained by seeing road vehicles going faster than themselves.

-Sections of road that lack proper lane markings may be improved and made more safe for others by applying a long black line in the appropriate location.

-Owners of very expensive high performance machines like 911 Turbos, Diablos, Vipers and MV Augustas always appreciate the opportunity to find out how much more horsepower they will have to ask their tuners to install.

-So that prospective passengers may understand your requirements in advance, it's wise to affix a large yellow sticker on your windscreen that reads "Gas or ass...nobody rides for free."

Maui, have I missed any rules that may have been developed in Hawaii but not yet adopted on the mainland?

Hey Maui
You and D.P. should have your own talk show. I laughed so hard I choked... That was pretty good and why didn't you come over to the mainland with all your compadres during this last big lateral hiring? We could handle a good sense of humor..

How about a SpamBusa to go.
FF-O

Oop's, sorry maui thought you were an officer, shoulda known to look at your profile sooner. Ah what the hell a good laugh goes a long way's anyhow.

So how about some new billet machined wheels for the Busa? eh whatdaya say??
FF-O

Maui-
Guess im out. I just tapped the Bus' in third to greet a friend on the street, and
wonder of wonders it pulled third laying rubber. Not being one to miss a "Crowd
Pleaser" opportunity i whacked it hard and laid down a "legal" block long burnout for
my friend. He was blown away. We also have a standing "Burnout and Wheelie
Contest on the Sidewalk" here in LA. Guess i just don't "get it"
ducmanic
Los Angeles

I don't know DP. seems like there might be just a few more out there. It seems like there is just so much more you can do to help people understand how friendly you are. If you've rode over here you'd know most people have an IQ less than the last digit of thier lic. plate.

when out running police helicopers, alway give a friendly wave to the pilot to cheer him up.

never trade paint with italian or german cars on the freeway.(it never sticks)

give a nun a ride so she can see god.

only use the side walk on the right side so you aren't going against the flow.

Thanks for your insight, I just needed a laugh this morning and I didn't think any one would mind. the wife just gave me my prozac...mustt sleeepp iiiiiiiiiiiilllsssseeeee yyyouuuu lllllaaaaaattteeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

[This message has been edited by maui (edited 15 September 1999).]

Back