GUAGING INTEREST IN A PART OUT

Ken02busa

Donating Member
Registered
2007 HAYABUSA WITH 4 MILES

I have come to the conclusion that I will never be able to finish this bike. I bought it, bought a pile of parts from guys on the boards, in "perfect condition, less than 500 miles, bs bs bs", then bought some of the same parts again.... then have to buy some of the same parts again...and have decided that it is not fun anymore. I dont even want to look at the bike anymore. Everytime something shows up in the mail, I wonder if I should just throw it away with the rest of the junk.

To the guys that sent me good parts, thanks so much. I owe you, brothers.
To the unscrupulous pricks that sent me their throwaways after taking my cash, I would like to thank you in person. You KNOW who you are.

If I get enough interest in parting out, I am done biking. I never thought I would give up on Busa's, but this last huge massive ignorant expensive waste of time and money has made me rethink it. The bike deal was fine, the price was great, but I did it wrong. I trusted jerks.
I had hoped to buy some extra parts off guys that maybe didnt need them, save me a few bucks, and put some money in other guy's hands.
Turns out most of the parts available are rashed up sh1t that guys scoop to resell. No thanks.
Quote from 1 pr1ck "I have 6 more hayabuse engines and clean frames for sale, I do this all the time"...

So, without further rambling...

2007 red hayabusa
4 miles, laid down at 20 kph.

I have bought:
2 sets cannisters and exhaust pipes, right cannister still needs to be bought
2 sets mirrors, the best ones are not perfect, but will pass, barely
2 sets right controls, both had locating pin broken, need to be bought again
windshield- scratched cracked POS I tossed
windshield- New in plastic
hugger new in plastic
grab bar
brake master cylinder
brake lever
driver rearsets
triple tree and cover
handlebar ends
battery
rh handlebar

repairs needed to make bike perfect:
tank is being fixed now, either need to paint or replace
right lower, inner right and front plastics are wrecked,
left plastic is perfect, rear can be fixed, needs paint, frame has a dent from the rh handlebar, but it will be covered completely by plastic and does not affect ride at all,
cans, rh controls

YES I am bitter. Yes I am dissapointed.
BUT PLEASE do not flame the thread or post ignorant opinions, I have donated, I have helped, I got fcked. I am done trying. If you want some parts, I am fully willing to do everything I can to help out. Remember I am in Alberta, shipping may be more than you like, but I heard today there is no duty coming back into the USA.
I have $7500 in this bike now, plus the new parts, USPS charges, rebuying parts, and new parts. Plus, I have to pay for the repairs on the tank, so call it $8300.00.

If I come close to this, parts are going to start flying. If not, I am going to burn the bike and never look back. Please dont waste your time lowballing, everything not listed with damage is perfect, and it has 4 miles. I will sell it as is if anyone wants it too.

PM, email, phone, or post here for further information.
When the sale is over, if it happens, I am going to give everything that is left to MC MUSTANG  for free, to give to deserving riders, NOT FOR RESALE so dont even ask. If you are curbing, I am sure Shawn will know, if you are looking for honest help, you will get what is left. I am also going to give a nice donation to Cap'n.

Bye guys, I am going to miss this website. There are some great guys here.

Ken,if you change your mind I still have the parts we discussed from day one..Sorry to see you feel this way & all the BS you went thru....Good Luck..

Ken,if you change your mind I still have the parts we discussed from day one..Sorry to see you feel this way & all the BS you went thru....Good Luck..
Thank you Sir, much appreciation. I really was hoping to get the bike back into new condition, but ordering 30 parts from 60 people and paying shipping 75 times is killing the deal.

Theres not much I can do, other than shake my head, hide the wallet, load the gun.....

Sorry to hear,I've had more than good luck with everyone I have delt with here.Good luck making some $$ back.

Ken. Did you look at the Pay It Forward threads. Lots of different Gen 1 parts that are being offered. Don't be too proud to ask if you really want to put your bike back together. Good luck at whatever you do.

beerchug.gif

I know that your upset, but the needed to fix list is not very long to get you back on the road. Are you 100% sure of your decision? Anyhow if you are I'm sorry to see you go and you shouldn't have any trouble getting rid of your busa. There is a recent thread on here of a guy looking to buy a newer busa. GOOD LUCK!
beerchug.gif

Ken, What can we do to assist you in changing your mind? What would it take to get your baby on the road so you can ride and clear your mind. You have been through a ton of cchallenges in the last week or two. Saturday will be rough on you. I personally am willing to for go mods and upgrades on my baby to help you out with yours. just say the word and I will get you things you need to finish your project. Mine is in a very ridable condition, if the weather would cooperate. Yours is not. Name brother and I will do what it takes to help.
Best wishes, Keep your head up and DO NOT beat yourself up. We are a family here and like it or not you are a part of it. Not everyone is bad. I just learned that myself.

Ken, I almost forgot. The parts I would send you will be BRAND new and not rashed or junk stuff. Anything to return the favors granted me by my friends and family. I may be new here, but I know how the family works. Firefighter/EMT, USMC, and now here. Three of the best families to be apart of.
Good Luck, Keep your head up and be strong.

How much on a set of the mirrors?

And if ya do sell the entire bike, that doesn't mean that you cant ***** it up on the .org
beerchug.gif

Ken, I almost forgot. The parts I would send you will be BRAND new and not rashed or junk stuff. Anything to return the favors granted me by my friends and family. I may be new here, but I know how the family works. Firefighter/EMT, USMC, and now here. Three of the best families to be apart of.
Good Luck, Keep your head up and be strong.
That's incredibly generous of you guys. Firedog I know exactly where you are coming from, I am a 26 year Firefighter/rescue and recently EMS as well. My wife is also EMS. I may be interested in buying parts from you, for sure, but for now the budget is, well, spent.

I have a couple problems, no paint shop here will paint the tank and 'other' plastic to match, because they do not have access to a paint code, and can not match the color. One of the places is a friend of mine, I have done collections for him for 2 decades, and he says while he will do the body work on the tank, he is not interested in trying to color match. Candy Sonoma red is one of the most difficult to matach apparently, and he says it could be 700.00 just to paint the tank, after test swatches, labor, mixing, hardners, muffler nearings and piston return springs. A new tank is 900 here, and I dont have money for that anymore. Had I just bought the right panel $600, the front cowl $400.00 and rear plastic, not all this other stuff 2 and now 3 times I would have been much further ahead.

Now it's just out of the budget. There is no point taking someone elses plastic, although perfect it wont be color matched.

I actually bought and paid for plastic twice, one guy changed his mind, wanted more, then more again, then tripled shipping cost, and I ended up with a refund.

I have NEVER, WILL NEVER ask for anything for free. I make a decent living, and always pay my own way, or I dont go!

This is a toy guys, its not a heart transplant, its not a daily driver, its not cancer treatments. I have less than zero interest in taking money from you guys. I am just at the point right now where it would be easier to part the fcker out and give all the stuff away. No more stress, no more fighting, no more wasted time, phone calls........aaaah damn that would be nice.

You are great guys, wonderful offers of assistance, but I just cant be a panhandler. If I could get the bugger painted to match or find new plastic, it may be likely, but thats not going to happen anytime soon, apparently.

What would your buddy charge you to repaint all of the plastics??? If the paint was supplied???

Hey keep your head up. And if these guys and girls want to "GIVE" you something to help out then let them. You might be taking away a great feeling for them because they are helping someone and making a friend in the process. So suck it up and accept the graciousness here. Hey I also have a set of Buell pegs I could send you that are brand new but have no bushings yet. I bought them because I had intended on modding them to put on the rear for passenger pegs. Anyway man don't part it out or get rid of it. Just let your faith keep you plugging along and you know what "what goes around comes around" and those unsavory people will get it back 10fold. You know that feeling you get when you go for a ride, it's medicinal. Oh if you want the pegs let me know.

And if ya do sell the entire bike, that doesn't mean that you cant ***** it up on the .org
beerchug.gif
Sam I dont have a perfect set. I have 2 that arent too bad, a set that were broken that would be ok for practis doing the kanji mod, and a set that I bought in 'perfect condition' that got smashed and tossed. If I end up parting it out, I cant in good conscience sell some scratched garbage, so you as first poster can have them, just pay shipping.

What would your buddy charge you to repaint all of the plastics??? If the paint was supplied???
I tried that, found a matched color in the states, which is 200/qt, then the hardner, whatever is another 200/qt, but they said that their solvents, thinners, etc would not work, and basically no one here wants to paint a bike. If I got them all done another color it would be fine I guess, but then its price of the plastic, repair, paint, stickers, and back up to or exceed new plastic price.

They wanted 600-800 just to paint the tank.

forgot to add- my fairing stay is bent as well, will not be for sale. For some reason I cant edit my posts........

super.gif
AM -->
SAMBUSA @ Mar. 20 2008 said:
1343544[/ATTACH] AM]

beerchug.gif
Sam I dont have a perfect set. I have 2 that arent too bad, a set that were broken that would be ok for practis doing the kanji mod, and a set that I bought in 'perfect condition' that got smashed and tossed. If I end up parting it out, I cant in good conscience sell some scratched garbage, so you as first poster can have them, just pay shipping.
You've got a PM coming at ya.

super.gif

This is a toy guys, its not a heart transplant, its not a daily driver, its not cancer treatments.
Ken, it is a stress reliever! There is not a better feeling than getting on that bike in the open road. This is called "Treatment for the Mind" in my book.
put your pride away will you.
banghead.gif

Ken, I don't really know you yet, so please don't be offended by the following advice.
Put your bike together with the "less than perfect" parts. Ride her and enjoy her. Buy new plastic/parts as your budget allows. Don't allow a few imperfections to prevent you from enjoying your great bike.

Karl

Back