GSX1360R

GSX

Registered
Hey, GSX1360R, about a month ago you told me my wig would get blown off by the riders in DC. I wanted to know what 1/4 mile times you ran. With 200hp you should be able to rip some good times if you can ride the bike. I want you to post your 60ft, 1/8 & 1/4 mile times and speeds. Just want to make sure your numbers jive. Still got my wig.

Frank: With a stock wheelbase -- lowered and strapped, I think you should be able to run 9.40's. This is with an average good rider.

9.40's...with 200hp???

We have stock Busa's doing that where I live.

I hear the 200hp "stock swingarm" Busa's in My area are running 9.10's.(not bad at all!)

Frank Adams,
did you run your busa stock
motor? what times? do you go
to the track very often?
200 H.P.little bit more tunning
and your there. congrats. Going
to do my engine end of the year,
when a few of the other guys build
theres.
you also had another motor what did
you run with that one also.
Frank let me know if the times are
stock wheel base. thanks

[This message has been edited by THE ICE MAN (edited 03 August 2000).]

200hp with a stock wheelbase should easily get you a 9.0's with a good rider. My Busa with 165rwhp and a very good 160lb. rider goes 9.50's at 146 and should go 9.40's in some good weather.

I went 9.73 with My bike "totally" stock.

My first built motor(1430)...never made it to the track.

My second built motor(1360 big head)...never made it to the track either.

A guy that lives around Me has a pc2, pipe, 16 tooth front, 8" over swingarm running 9.40's in good air.

If you put 60hp nitrous on you usually 5 tenths to maybe 6 tenths. Now if your only adding around 35hp I don't see where guys think it should be so easy to run in the 8's?

I can only see someone getting maybe 4 tenths, IF their motor was a true 200hp.

If you have a Busa that runs in the 8's on motor(normally asperated), By God you have something to talk about! (it can be done :) )

Why is it that you never hear of anyone running in the 8's on motor with a Busa???

The ones that I have heard of are all on nitrous.

Frank Adams,
I ran at the track for the first
time on my busa 4 weeks ago.
My first pass was a 9.74 none strap I forgot to. long story. Second
pass straped front end ran 9.62
wanted to get a 9.50? on my 3 pass but broke rear tire loose,these times came
very easy for me.If i had some track time i am sure i can go upper 9.40s
stock wheel base, stock motor akro pipe
pc2 small air box mod. have been street
drag racing for a few years every week.
the day i went GSX, OMEGA,were hanging
out also super bike mike and a couple of other boardmembers. going back soon to
try again.

Thats really good Ice, What's your weight? And what kind of tire? Stock gearing?

[This message has been edited by WARBIRD (edited 03 August 2000).]

GSX, now if he told you his 60 ft. , 1/8, 1/4 times and speed that wouldn't be much of a street race, would it? Come to maryland international raceway on september 17th and you'll probably see what his bike runs- as well as a few other street racers that think it may be worth their while. heads up, pro tree 60" wheelbase unlimited class will stop the bullshit talking.....

I think what the northern boys need to realize is that most of the South Florida guys dont do a lot of straight up quarter mile drag racing.
We're lucky enough to have long stretches of straight roads out in the middle of no where.
we do a lot of top end runs, 9/10ths of a mile is the typical run.
Completely different set of skills, both tuning skills and rider skills.

Hey Lofty Abuse have you heard of a guy named sarg, I here he is a bad boy when it comes to drag racing down in your neck of the woods?

Frank: Those are really good numbers. There are a lot of talented riders out there. I don't profess to be one of those guys. My best time is a 9.65 @ 146. That is with a pipe,pc2, and strapped. I think I can go faster.

Daddy long stroke: I wish I could get to that event, but I live in S. FL...

September 17 @ Maryland International Raceway
will be the day I find out what she's made of... Right now I'm just enjoying street riding with my boys.

Warbird,
My wieght is 177 lbs without
leathers, stock front sprocket
41 tooth rear.207 dunlop 190
did not let any air out of back tire had 37 lbs of air next time
i will bring down air pressure.
THE ICE MAN.

Frank Adams,
another thing that makes it nice
by you is the weather. Over here
very hot and very very humid,
no good air. but we do get to