Great ride

georgiabusa_05

Fun Times!
Donating Member
Ronnie and I was going for a short ride to the gap and back yesterday and it turned out to be alot longer ride than we planned on. I sometimes think rides like this ride are the best. We left the house at 10 am headed to Tellico and then on to Robbinsville via the skyway, hardly no trafic, it was great,to confirm our reservations for the fall bash, and she had them correct. We sit out front and had a drink, Gatorade, and decided that we wanted to do the Thunder road ride to Franklin North Carolina, instead of going to the gap. So, off we went. The road was better, not so many gravles, than the last time I travled through it. We had lunch at the kings place, Burger King, and it came a quick thunderstorm while we ate and by the time we were finished it had stopped. From there we rode back up 28 to the gap, yep, we wound up there anyway. It must have been a slow weekend because we seen very little cops and trafic all day. CROT was almost deserted at 5 pm. We hung out for a while and took a trip through the gap. We were told that someone straightened out a curve in front of Killboy, so I bet he will have that in the highlights page, not sure if anyone was hurt or not but it was a pretty big drop off. Someone was loseing oil going south and caused several bikes to go down we were told. Anyway, we got caught in another big thunderstorm and just waited it out under a awning at a church on hwy 72 before we got to hwy 411. After the storm passed we headed home. We arived at my house at 10:30 and I had rode 350 miles and Ronnie had 450 by the time he got home at 11:30pm. It turned out to be another unplanned ride that turned out to be another great time.

So, I guess you want to see the pics now, Well here ya go.
laugh.gif

Forgot to take my camera!
banghead.gif

very nice Tim. I've seen all those roads one time or another, I'm glad you all made it home safe and sound as well.

I also had a good ride up in Ct. on Sat. Another member here saw a post of mine, checked my profile and saw we lived in the same town and sent a PM. Great guy and a great ride. Hot as hades with all the gear but worth it. We tried to find some twisties (nothing like the dragon) and rode for like 3 hours. Love the org for all the info and good people here.

went out this morning to ride to work and had a flat rear. glad I made it home Saturday night before it went flat. It appears to be a small flat peice of metal.

Hey...sounds very relaxing.

No pix? You might make a crayola drawing or something!

I'm a visuals kinda guy.

beerchug.gif

Back