Great bike mechanic!!! Busa ONLY bike guy!!

98crewcab

Registered
So, after searching, and searching, phone calls here, phone calls there....finally came across a number to a local shop, and upon calling them for tranny service, he gave me a phone number. "THE PHONE NUMBER" make a quick phone call and get an estimated quote for parts involved and labor cost. when the guy tells me his name, I start doing some research to find out if hes the real deal. turns out he has held championship winnings in his class (and spanked classes over him) for the past 9 years. his stock crank, stock bore turbo bike has been hitting 7.4's at 197 in the quarter mile with his 650hp beast, and when I finally gathered the cash together (he only deals cash) and got the tour of his shop, and saw some of the 450hp Busa's, and monster bikes in his shop, I was set on who was doing the dirty deeds to my motor. This guy is a wealth of Busa knowledge....the friendliest guy out there, and will not bull**** you or try to spend your money if you don't need it. I only had the trans pulled, an undercut (all gears) one put in its place, valves adjusted, changed out the cam chain adjuster to eliminate the line that fed around to the front, fresh injectors swapped in, and new plugs. and his price was cheaper than just doing the trans and swapping the single 2nd gear at the dealer. (not to mention I saved $500 just by dropping the motor myself)

so in a quick end to my "bromance" lol, this guy rocks. anyone needing Busa work done in Sacramento, Mike Fields of Fields Performance is your guy.

Fields Performance
8555 Elder Creek Rd. Ste. 500
Sacramento, CA 95828
(916) 591-1369

now just saving the cash to have him either swap out for a 1397, cams, timing gears, or just save a bit longer, say to hell with it, and pop up to a 1441, or a 1500+ monster all motor bike!!!!!

thanks Mike, really appreciate what service you have done, and your honesty. Nice having someone you can trust work on your baby!!!!!!

Matt, 06' LE

4ef65871.jpg

edited.....forgot to mention his speed.....dropped of Friday expecting at least a couple weeks, he called me up the following Friday to let me know she was ready!!! 1 week turn around!!!!!!

Awesome write up !!! Its hard to find good people and word of mouth is the best way to go !!!:thumbsup:

so, motor back in the bike, all wiring hooked back up, new plugs, injectors, sprocket, etc. installed (by mike) doing all the small things mentioned here like the small airbox mod, can mods, and whatever else i can find.....then can fire her up and give the final review. really impressed with how simple the busa engineers made this bike come apart, and go back together:) trans review soon guys. then will let you know who he sent it to....

REVIEWS ARE IN!!!!!
Thanks again, and again, and again Mike for waking up this ol' girl!!! the new injectors, new plugs, and valve adjustment REALLY brought her back to life! was trying to make up for it by swapping out to a 43 tooth rear gear before, now going to have to go back to the stock 40 just to keep the tire down in front:laugh: the trans feels great, love how she wont even slip out until the power is pulled beck (gonna have to get used to that while shifting) and feels like a confident lock of engagement of the gears themselves!!! night and day difference, and was SOO WORTH the money. cant wait to get back in and start upping the cc's with that bore and stroke, and the head port and polish. PLEASE twist my arm for the turbo set up at that time:) Fields performance is the shizz'nizzle!!! is there a like button on here anywhere, cause I "LIKE" having my bike back in working order!!!!!

Is there a place like this on the east coast, I need my tranny fixed and would love to be able to take the whole engine to the shop instead of splitting the cases myself.

650hp and 7.4s???There is a NA busa that hit 6.90 in the 1/4 203.Still very fast and sounds like a good guy to know.

karnage said:
650hp and 7.4s???There is a NA busa that hit 6.90 in the 1/4 203.Still very fast and sounds like a good guy to know.

If your talking about Schnitz and the HTP bike it was on nitrous not naturally aspirated.

Theres a lot to setup on a pro street bike especially running that much hp, so it could be many different things that are keeping that bike from running a faster time.

Back