GRABBY CLUTCH

OB_busa

Registered
ANYBODY HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THEIR CLUTCH GRABBING OFF THE LINE.FIRST PASS IS FINE,BUT AFTER THAT IT CAN'T BE SLIPPED HARDLY.ANY PROBLEMS OUT THERE! I DO HAVE BDE MOD.

sounds like a good candidate for the Brock Davidson clutch mod. Search some of the prior threads regarding this mod. I hear for the price $225 or so it is well worth it. especially for drag racers!

Hey guys at the end of his post he said he already has the Brock Davidson Mod! (BDE - Brock Davidson Enterprises)

I have the Carpenter mod and mine is still "grabby" too but much better than it was. I found that by holding the front brake and slipping the clutch a few times before getting to the line helps. Dont ask me why.

Pull your plates out and make sure they are still in spec.
Then over night soak them in clean oil then reinstall.Also make sure you sprocket cover is not cracked(remove it and look Sometimes hard to see)flush clutch fluid.
Hey it is only a guess and a place to start

Lock ups are grabby also have MTC lock up on my shootout bike and can't stand the damn thing!! Besides I would want to see some one at the track with the Hayabusa lock up from MTC. Maybe at Columbus?

Quick version of my "cure". Less plates, and more spring pressure. Using 8 thick plates, instead of 2 thick, and 8 thin. Have sustitute involving '83 GPZ Kaw, or Barnett plates for same. Stack height to be 2.00". More info, e-mail: chrisdolan@webtv.net

Back