GPS Confirmed Top Speed Run

btreaves

Registered
What's up fellas,

This past Saturday I decided to go out and see if I could top out my 2000 BUSA. I recently purchased a GPS device (Geko 101 $85.00 @ Radio Shack) for this purpose.

So anyway, I rode the bike to a GPS confirmed 189mph. The speedo was reading about 218mph when I shut down. My shift light came on at 10,250 rpm and was on for about 3-4 seconds if memory serves, it may have been longer.

Anyway, the bike was rock steady except for a slight head shake when the road dropped away when I came off of this bridge.

WHAT A RUSH!

Congrats, I'm glad you LANDED safely!
cool.gif

Awesome ... good job man!! Hey are you rolling down to Budds Creek for the races next month?

I usually don't go to those Super Bike Show Downs at Budds Creek. I'd much rather be riding myself. I don't much like watching other people ride.

As for the MSF post. I was an apprentice to be a certified instructor, but I never actually taught a class because teaching on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday wouldn't give me anytime to ride my own bike, so I bagged it and haven't looked back since.

That is very good 189mph @ 10,250 You would get much more out of it @10,800rpm on the gauge.

No TRE fstbusa!

Ninja Eater...I'm not sure what you were saying??? The shift light came on at 10,250rpm, but I held it wide open for a few seconds more. I wasn't able to bump the revlimiter in 6th gear, but only because I ran out of road.

All about SPEED..189 ROCKS..my personal best was a GPS reading @ 176 in fifth.
Strange though...my tach was buried..false reading..but probably @ a true 10,800
It was at 11,200... WooHoo and that was in 2002....I don't think we should try TOP SPEED every day....
rock.gif

Yea...I agree we shouldn't be trying top speed everyday. I've cheated the Grim Reaper enough times in the last month. I'm gonna chill for a while. Maybe I'll go for 190 or 191mph in late July or August. I don't know why, but that extra 1mph means alot to me, but 189 is definitely moving.

I've told several of my friends and they just can't understand...They just think I'm fuggin KRAZY! They are probably right, but I tell them, nothing makes you feel more alive than the threat of dying.

where does everyone find roads to do this at? being wide enough to have a good view of obstacles that may occur, being smooth enough so hitting a bump doesn't throw you, some where that doesn't have alot of traffic and no officers
wink.gif
??

I was going to ask the same question about the dummy light... The 04s dont have it. Doesnt matter much to me cuz I am not going for top speed at all. Everytime I feel like it, all i see is my sons and daughters face in the pic that i have on the reverse side of my shield... keeps me in line... although that pic looks damn good when the front end is up in the air.. ha ha.. rather fall of the back doing a wheelie than hitting an old lady at a buckfiddy...

None of the BUSA's to date have come with a shift light...It's an aftermarket item that I installed and setup...You can't see mine because it's part of the instrument cluster. My shift light is actually where my FI light is. It uses the same LED except it's much brighter. If people see you riding around here with a big ole shift light on your dash you won't get too many races on the street cuz they assume you are a ringer.

Here's a pic of my history making run...Trust me...It doesn't say 109mph...It's definitely 189mph.

Back